Pawpoint Shop
AW Thread Directory
Update Me!

Search
Change Skin
Today's Active Topics

ENVIRONMENT
WEATHER APRIL Y10
Any cold from the winter has since been vanquished. Days are warm and somewhat dry; spring showers are growing less common. Heat from the deserts roll into surrounding territories.
Daily temperatures average about 77°F/25°C.

PACKS OF HARBINGER
PESCA LOBORaussa Crusades
VIDA TALPack Meeting
ÍSELDURtraining sessions
RAUSSAn/a
REGALIARaussa Crusades
FantômeFounding

RECENT IC POSTS
Everything is cool when you...
BY Milda
Prove me wrong, prove your wor...
BY Reuben
aftermath
BY Aries
A world that never was...
BY Ignis
New Age Madness
BY Arcblaze
I'm just your problem
BY Liara

Loss is nothing else but change, and change is Nature's delight.
Interested in joining? Explore the Guidebook!

QUICKNEWS
Go vote for MotM! @ Apr 16, '14
APR 5 — New month, new pack, new contest! ( READ MORE )
MAR 27 — Month end activity check as well as some reminders. ( READ MORE )
MAR 10 — The results of the pack activity check are in! + Some rule revisions! Sweet! ( READ MORE )
Monthly Contest

Posting Mania!
Month: April
Make the most posts
this month to win!
Current Events:
Feb 23: BWP: Meteor
NO DEADLINE
Apr 4: Fantôme Founding
DEADLINE APR 20
Apr 5: Posting Contest
DEADLINE APR 30
Apr 11: Vida Tal Pack Meeting
DEADLINE APR 18

Check Calendar

Start new topicStart new topicStart new topic

still alive — SIS meeting
Mel
Posted: May 9 2012, 05:26 PM

Group Icon

Chief of Staff Political Chemist
Female 5 Years
217 POSTS 0 PP
Melanie

Okay guys, everyone involved with SIS is expected to post in this meeting.
I need the players of all the pups (Lycus, Moros, and Keres) to PLEASE tell me what duty you'd like your character to take. Being over/almost 6 months of age, they should be assigned a duty and being their apprenticeship.

As of right now, this round ends May 18th. If everyone posts before that date and I have time free of schoolwork to start the next round sooner, it will happen.

It was finally time. For much too long had this been put off because of that small cluster of fear within, but that needed to stop. The least she could do for Chell was keep everyone together. This way if she came back, there would still be something to come back home to. Being a disappointment to her sister, to Torvald, to anyone was out of the question. Failure had never once been an option before and there was certainly no reason that it should suddenly be allowed now. GLaDOS had always disapproved strongly of anything that wasn't a success at science. While what her sister had created would in no way turn out like the things that monster had been running, science was still science and it needed to be done right.

Standing in their home, the Aperture finally found it in herself to release the call as she should have ages ago. The chorus rang through the tunnels powerful enough to reach all ends of the system yet careful enough to keep those outside from understanding its meaning. Vocals soon ceased; it was then left to waiting until the few outcasts that remained responded and arrived. Mismatched eyes, well-adjusted to the lighting of the tunnels, slowly scanned around as they waited, as they hoped, to see someone arrive. If she had somehow managed to prove herself a failure already, there was no chance of forgiveness from anyone, especially from herself. Muscles relaxed as haunches lowered the girl's rear to the ground. Waiting always had been the worst part of any situation.

"Dialog."

Lycus
Posted: May 9 2012, 10:45 PM

Group Icon

Apprentice Politician
Male 1 Year
19 POSTS 300 PP
xexes

How about for Lycus ..... Politician : Navigator
Let me know if that's not right or unavailable? o_O
His "aptitude" meta-game by far racked up his interest in being a spy. Whether or not he's good at it... we'll see!

A bone nearly the size of his face rested, carefully propped between his two paws, with his teeth delicately picking away at the meat that had long since already been devoured. Rather than crunching away at it, he'd learned that if he took his time, it became an enjoyable teething experience, a time to relish his full stomach, and to carefully reflect on his emotions. He couldn't deny that it felt like an idle use of time but what else did he have these days? It felt like his moments were spent on all manner of plains and windswept deserts; forever a ghost in places of time forgotten, a legend too ordinary to even be told or remembered.

He felt discarded, but now and then things would pop up whenever he caused too much trouble. Such things always surprised him, like a guardian force, an invisible hand of fate. He hadn't considered the fact that he was not discarded but instead being tested, grown, gloved hands feeding him both the poisons and anti-venoms, sharpening his fangs, and tempering his anger. His feelings towards SIS hadn't really changed; things seemed as confusing and vague as ever. He had been visiting the Bosque less frequently and increased his visits to the sewers only slightly, a mere acknowledgement that this was the home he new remembered; the Bosque the cartel he admired from afar.

He had surprised even himself with his rivalry turned friendship with war, though the sense of competitiveness never faded but instead diminished from necessity to pleasure. Another bond was growing too : that of the man Ryker. He had interfered on the beach, but there seemed to be more too him, a sense of caring. What if Ryker was his father? He had always wondered and save Icarus, it seemed that Ryker was the only man who really had any devotion to him. A battle raged within him: he didn't need anyone, yet the yearning to impress this man and the need for a father itched inside his skull.

A howl interrupted his thoughts. Immediately rising, he stood tall, examining the direction of the noise, and then returning his gaze to his bone. As an afterthought, he grabbed it and trotted forwards. Truth be told he hated the sewers, the smell of it was like a lingering hangover. Ducking his head for a lower passage way, he walked forth, eyes of stone indifference. He stopped a comfortable distance away from the she-wolf, sitting his prize in front of his paws.

A long breath entered his lungs as he did his best imitation of a low, raspy, adult voice. "Acquaintance of moder." (translation). He never did have a proper introduction.

"
Code by Jes;Table by Santa

I prefer completed threads to dead ones (14 days).
No muse? Reply with a short thread ending, or PM me for one; I'd be happy to oblige.

Lycus' Extended Profile

Keres
Posted: May 10 2012, 07:44 PM

Group Icon

Student Scientific Meteorologist
Male 1 Year
70 POSTS 125 PP
Serena

Yellow lenses focused on something much in the distance, instincts trained on only one creature, oversized ears hearing nothing but the barely audible sound of a rodent nibbling on who-knows-what. Though Keres could recall his friend Artemis warning him about the danger of rats, the boy only took more interest in them as time went on, and knew in the near future, Keres versus rat would be no problem at all. Rounded rear caressing the muddy ground, limber paws slowly advanced forwards the lanky pup, intense determination burning in young eyes. It was closer now, bending over all scrunched while beady black eyes focused on a piece of rotten something clasped between bald paws. What an ugly creature! The student watched it for a moment or two, bemused by it’s stupidity as it failed to see him. Though he longed to inch closer and examine the scraggly rodent, the sense of danger overtook curiosity, and Keres carefully scooted away, rising to his paws as his journey throughout the tunnels continued.

Just then, a harmonic tune vibrated throughout the cavern, triangular ears perking as the fellow took in the familiar howl. It was his mother! An excited smile stretching across ebony lips, the boy pondered about what this could be about, unaware that his paws were already carrying him rapidly towards the sound’s source. Eventually, the brownish pelage of his kin came into view, and lemon optics beamed with rare happiness as the juvenile trotted towards his mother, burying his nose into her soft fur to drink in the comforting scent of Mel. “Good day moder. I hope chu are well?” Backing away slowly, Keres craned his neck to gaze up into her mis-matched eyes, blinking as he awaiting a reply. Turning towards the other presence, the copper boy cocked his head with wonder at the fellow he’d only seen once or twice. “Helloo! Chour Lycis, right?”

"speech."

code by frankie; image by serena

user posted image

Ryker
Posted: May 18 2012, 11:26 PM

Group Icon

Technician
Male 2 Years
113 POSTS 1428 PP
Jewels

The russet boy moved across the land at an easy lope. His eyes were unfaltering from the distance, locked upon the entrance to the underground. Auds set forth to catch the last fading notes of the soft call which had only moments ago skated across the land. Lungs heaved in a heavy sigh as his pace slowed, his rather large frame squeezing through one of the many hidden entrances to the sewers. Immediately his nares sealed, unwilling to take in a breath of the awkward stench which sat concentrated in the tunnels. At last his lungs cried from air and so he took in a shallow breath, his nose wrinkling in disgust. Still he proceeded forward, eyes adjusting hastily to the dank lighting. At last his sights fell upon the gathered trio. He came upon them slowly, keeping his head in alignment as to still exhibit respect for their petite leader. His muzzle dipped carefully as he presented himself before the group, keeping silent before moving beside the two pups.

Patiently he waited, daring not to glance about to see if there were any other to come. He doubted it. Their numbers had fallen significantly since their establishment, and now with Chell’s departure…A sigh fell from the russet male’s lips, his sights falling to the young pups beside him. Try as he might the Vedi boy had not been able to shake the dreary feeling which loomed about him persistently. His birth parents had disappeared, their pack left disheveled and now his only brother had departed as well. And though he had searched and searched he could not seem to locate his sisters. Now more than ever Ryker felt as if he had no family at all.

"le talk"

Mel
Posted: May 28 2012, 07:44 AM

Group Icon

Female 5 Years
217 POSTS 0 PP
Melanie

hgjkfghkfds I'm SO sorry guys. This took way longer to get up than I initially planned. I'd like to have one last quick round where people leave after this one which I will have end on JUNE 9TH or sooner if everyone has posted.
Also, in case you can't tell, the next pack event will be led by someone else (or even two people if more sign up). It will be a lecture/class about a scientific subject. Mel will be evaluating their knowledge and whatnot, so she may or may not be actually participating. I'll put up more detailed information in the plot page for you guys soon.

In truth, the Aperture was no sure how many remained to continue their effort to advance science. It wouldn't have come as any surprise at all to find out that many had come and gone, ultimately resulting in their termination by the Serons for their abandonment. Word of the pack's true nature certainly couldn't get out either providing another reason for the termination of deserters. Perhaps many had stayed because they knew such things would happen to them and the fear outweighed the desire to leave, though that seemed doubtful. If such a thing were to be true, then Mel certainly would have noticed a few new faces instead of just seeing the same few over and over.

Chell's son was the first to arrive and the sight of him pulled at the coyote's emotions for a moment. Her sister had been gone for an awfully long time... would she ever come back? Or was she to be alone from now on? The feelings, while a reminder of the fact that she wasn't quite as cold and robotic as GLaDOS had made her, were quickly shoved aside. There were more important matters to attend to first before letting herself show weakness like that. Even after it wouldn't be all that acceptable of a thing to do. Mismatched eyes looked at the young by for a moment before a simple "Lycus." rolled off her tongue in a poor excuse for a greeting.

Next to arrive was her son Keres, who proceeded to burry himself in her fur very soon after arrival. "Mother's doing fine today, little one." she grinned as his attention soon shifted elsewhere. The warlord's son arrived last after a short period of time. Mel offered a nod instead of words to acknowledge his presence. The three of them seemed to be the only ones left. Mel knew that Rabbit had disappeared, most likely in an attempt to find her mother, but that didn't explain what had happened to her other son Moros. Perhaps he'd run off with Bane at some point without knowing. The two of them had looked quite similar, so perhaps the little boy was meant to walk in his father's footsteps. Still, that didn't make the thought of losing a son (as well as a mate) any less unsettling. But again, these were feelings to deal with later, not now.

Eyes quickly looked over the three before beginning. "Thanks to the three of you that have attended this little gathering. My goal is to begin making this society into what my sister had initially imagined it to be. And to do that, we will first start with the pups being assigned their duties. Lycus, you will begin training to become a Politician. Keres, you will be trained as a Scientific Meteorologist." Attention shifted to the Tevirye boy before continuing. "With your approval, Ryker, I'd appreciate your help training them." It would be an awfully difficult task to do on her own, especially while trying to keep the society functioning like it's supposed to.

This lead to the next and last piece that the Aperture wished to cover. "I'd like for informative lectures to take place. This would basically be one of you "teaching" a class on a specific field of study relevant to the society's goals. If anyone wishes to sign up and lead one of these lectures, you may either speak up now or find me on a later date with details on what you will be speaking about. Any other comments may be voiced now as well." With that said, the girl let her vocal rest for the moment, waiting to see if anyone else had any words to say. Hopefully her sister would be proud.

"Dialog."

Lycus
Posted: May 29 2012, 08:02 PM

Group Icon

Apprentice Politician
Male 1 Year
19 POSTS 300 PP
xexes

Lycus faintly remembered the time he was brought here with Rabbit. They had protested the whole way, taking turns sleeping in Ryker's jaws. The journey seemed to take days in their infantile minds, their stomachs nagging the entire time. The earth a battleground to their novice pawpads, not yet calloused to a crusty ebony. After that, there was a feeling of bliss. It seemed that their mother was in charge, and this woman the second in command, but never quite exactly equal. Now that Rabbit and Chell were gone, angst still loomed in the lads mind. Ryker, the man whom he had despised for so long, was now a dear friend and family to him. But Mel was an ever present unknown, that family member who always seemed to hang about and pinch one's cheeks even though you still didn't understand how exactly they were related. A boy had appeared whom Mel acknowledged as her child, slightly familiar, but with an eerie cheerfulness. The kind of bubbly happiness that Lycus felt a distinct urge to pummel into the ground. Life was not happy. How dare he be happy. For the moment, he put on a civil mask of ignorance and put his cousin out of his mind.

Words were spoken. Lycus could hardly believe his ears. After loosing so many, after being merely a ghost of a presence in an abandoned building, still they would persist. They had hardly ever been more than what they were, though, but his heart felt a longing to be more of everything. More powerful. More family. More present.

Lycus wanted to glare at the woman, to shout obsenities, to tell her how he didn't even know what her darn name was and how she wasn't fit to stand where his mother stood. Rabbit and Chell were gone and she had nothing to say about it, it was only Torvald who had the balls to tell him what happened: that they were sick. No prayers, no rites, no silence, no religion or hopeful attitudes for the family he had lost, just a clammy will to trudge onwards and continue to be no more than a ghost in a shell.

So be it then. With a face wiped clean of emotion, he studied Mel for a moment, and then turned to leave. He had heard all she had to say : nothing. And he had exactly that to say in return.

-- exit --

"
Code by Jes;Table by Santa

Lycus is being a turd...
He's upset that SIS doesn't seem to care about his missing family and that they aren't as numerous or strong as MS and left the meeting early (he honestly thought it was over).

I prefer completed threads to dead ones (14 days).
No muse? Reply with a short thread ending, or PM me for one; I'd be happy to oblige.

Lycus' Extended Profile

Ryker
Posted: May 30 2012, 05:48 PM

Group Icon

Technician
Male 2 Years
113 POSTS 1428 PP
Jewels

While Ryker listened intently to the words which slid from the coyote’s tongue he could not bring himself to lock his gaze upon her. Instead his molten pools rested in the murky ground before her, auds ever attentive, but features vacant. His breaths were drawn slowly, carefully. His heart had been beaten and battered far more than he imagined tolerable as of late and so it ached persistently as it thudded away in his chest. The ribbed prison which held it seemed to groan and gripe with each second’s tick. No longer did he have a family to one day return to. That was of course his plan, to make an entrance back into Silver Cove, to uproot the lies which had been sewn so carefully by his birth parents. He would proclaim in front of them all that he was no ghost, but live and thriving. But no more could that dream come alight. Without realization the crimson lad had begun to hold his breath, allowing the air to swirl with increasing pressure inside his lungs. It was only as his name left Mel’s throat that he was drawn back to reality, to the present, and the breath was released without haste. His eyes raised to meet her own, stoic and void as ever. He said nothing, as his chords were reluctant to ease their tension, but instead nodded in acceptance of her request.

He had no idea what he would teach the two whelps, for neither of their interested really bordered his own specialty of defense. He was by no means a scientist or a politician, still, perhaps it would do them good to learn a smidge of self defense. While he would never speak it, he looked forward to the day when his tasks would involve more than trailing Lycus; ensuring he didn’t get into too much trouble. At the conclusion of the speech he unwound the bound chords in his throat, allowing the hoarse baritones to chime free in a rather hushed fashion, “I can teach…” he paused, coercing his tongue to twirl as he willed. It was a feat which still offered him trouble, especially seeing as he had not spoken in some time, “About self-preservation.” He was nearly ashamed, that all he had to offer was advice on how to not get ones self slaughtered. Still, it seemed pertinent information, especially with the threat of the Diracians still looming on the outskirts of all the Seron’s minds. After all, he supposed survival was as good a goal as any at this point in time.

"le talk"

Keres
Posted: Jun 9 2012, 12:14 PM

Group Icon

Student Scientific Meteorologist
Male 1 Year
70 POSTS 125 PP
Serena

He never understood what about his mother made him bubble up inside, but hearing her smooth voice flow delicately through his ears to envelope his brain with warmth made a genuine smile slap across the young man’s face. The, his attention was on Lycus. Not knowing his cousin that well, Keres wasn’t sure what to make of the other boy, but by the way his face was sewn into a straight line of blank emotions, the Aperture got the feeling Lycus was an odd child. When his friendly greeting got no response, the student’s face scrunched up in distinguish, and Keres soon whipped around and trotted away with his head held high, plopping down on the ground with a mighty huff He was often told he needed to be nicer, and when others shunned his attempts at niceness, it was a dangerous time. Normally the copper fellow would have proceeded to annoy Lycus until he broke, but Mel was here, and Keres had to look good in front of her.

The last to arrive was Ryker, who the pup took great interest in but had never approached. Lemon globes scanned the man with wonder as he wandered in silence and sat down beside him without saying a word. He watched in for a moment’s time, wondering what this man was all about before snapping his gaze back to Mel, who had begun to speak. When his name was mentioned, the boy’s eyes beamed with pride at his assigned task, but his lips soon curved in confusion at the fact that Lycus had been mentioned before him. Was Lycus better than him? Was he more important? Nah, Mel knew she had a son equivalent to a living god. At least, that’s what he thought. After all, Lycus had just gotten up and walked away without anyone really caring, so he couldn’t be that important. Shifting his gaze back to Ryker, Keres pondered about what “self-preservation” was. Whatever it was, it sounded pretty important. “I wanna learn!” he blurted out unexpectedly, lemon gems blinking persistently at the man. If there was anything to be learned, Keres had to be taught it.

"it’s my turn to talk"

code by frankie; image by serena

user posted image

Mel
Posted: Jun 19 2012, 09:12 AM

Group Icon

Female 5 Years
217 POSTS 0 PP
Melanie

> >; I'm really terrible. So I'll just make this kinda sort so I stop hating myself.
This marks the end of the meeting, so you can post again if you want to, but it isn't required.

Before anyone really had had a chance to respond to anything she'd said, Lycus had turned as began walking away. Not wanting to cause a scene at this moment in time, Mel let him go, mismatched eyes following his figure until it was pointless to watch anymore. Having to look at him only ever made the Aperture think of Chell and Rabbit which never led to any good feelings. It was better to set them aside for the moment and revisit the whole situation during a more appropriate point in time for such an occasion.

Focus returned to the two that remained, and it was the Tevirye that spoke up and offered to teacha lesson. "Very good, thank you. We will discuss details later on in private. I will let you gather your information on how to plan on going about your lesson so you can accurately present it to me." she said with a nod. Keres soon spoke up, though it was irrelevant to the things asked. Mel looked at her son and offered a quick smile. "Yes, you will learn, Keres. Though not the most scientific of topics, it will be a useful skill for you to know that can be applied to countless situations." While there had been no serious experiments that had happened quite yet, things would certainly happen in the future, especially if numbers went up.

"You two are dismissed. If there are nay questions or comments, come find me later on. And thank you again, Ryker." Eyes shifted between the male and the boy for a moment before she made a departure of her own. As simple of a thing as the meeting had been, Mel craved time alone after. She shouldn't have been the one that had to do that. It was supposed to be Chell's duty...

EXIT MEL.

"Dialog."

BROWSING THIS THREAD

TOPIC OPTIONS     Start new topicStart new topicStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0465 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

CREDITS