Pawpoint Shop
AW Thread Directory
Update Me!

Search
Change Skin
Today's Active Topics

ENVIRONMENT
WEATHER APRIL Y10
Any cold from the winter has since been vanquished. Days are warm and somewhat dry; spring showers are growing less common. Heat from the deserts roll into surrounding territories.
Daily temperatures average about 77°F/25°C.

PACKS OF HARBINGER
PESCA LOBORaussa Crusades
VIDA TALPack Meeting
ÍSELDURtraining sessions
RAUSSAn/a
REGALIARaussa Crusades
FantômeFounding

RECENT IC POSTS
boss ass bitch
BY Milda
A world that never was...
BY Ignis
Prove me wrong, prove your wor...
BY Reuben
aftermath
BY Reuben
van tango
BY Ignis
listen to your elders
BY Hyperion

A hole, a hole, a hole in the desert.
Interested in joining? Explore the Guidebook!

QUICKNEWS
Go vote for MotM! @ Apr 16, '14
APR 5 — New month, new pack, new contest! ( READ MORE )
MAR 27 — Month end activity check as well as some reminders. ( READ MORE )
MAR 10 — The results of the pack activity check are in! + Some rule revisions! Sweet! ( READ MORE )
Monthly Contest

Posting Mania!
Month: April
Make the most posts
this month to win!
Current Events:
Feb 23: BWP: Meteor
NO DEADLINE
Apr 4: Fantôme Founding
DEADLINE APR 20
Apr 5: Posting Contest
DEADLINE APR 30
Apr 11: Vida Tal Pack Meeting
DEADLINE APR 18

Check Calendar

Start new topicStart new topicStart new topic

butterflies & hurricanes — artemis
Serkan
Posted: Jan 1 2012, 11:45 PM

Group Icon

Creature Assassin
Male 5 Years
15 POSTS 273 PP
para

It was a surprisingly warm day for winter. Even though the biting tones of the season had not yet set in, there had been some rather frigid days, which left Serkan grateful for an afternoon that was heated by the sun's powerful rays. He itched to get out where the weather was nice and he could enjoy it, and had found a river tumbling through the lands. Eager to find the perfect basking spot, the massive feline had trailed along its edge for a few miles, the distance hardly anything to the powerful animal. He traveled great amounts of space in a single day, and as was the norm for a cat's nature, he could not settle until he had found the perfect area.

He had at last reached a portion that was rather calm, the river wide but relaxed, with boulders that were tall and broad along their tops. It was the perfect vantage point, surely brought to a good temperature by the sun, and the jaguar stalked among the rocks for a few minutes, debating between them. He at last settled for one that was placed next to some delicate looking orange flowers, and he sniffed at them momentarily, wrinkling his nose before his haunches pushed his bulk atop the stone. Serkan settled himself comfortably, sprawling onto his side and allowing his eyes to close, a sigh heaved from his chest. The cat was alert, but clearly relaxed in the solitude, basking contentedly in the sun.

"speech"

Artemis
Posted: Jan 1 2012, 11:58 PM

Group Icon

Follower Medic
Female 2 Years
222 POSTS 2812 PP
Autty

So many patients. Always someone had a cut. Or they had a spar. Or they had a youth trial. Or they fell. Always blood. As of late the lass had been smelling strongly of wolf blood and herbs, the classic scent of a medic. Though, as much as Mis hated the smell of blood, it was almost fitting to her nature. The weary lass had treated many wolves, and with the youth trials there had been more spilled blood than normal, which meant Thyme Moss and Milfoil were in short supply. Today, being one of the warmer days of winter, seemed like a good day to gather herbs, and the tiny girl knew right where they were.

Artemis' winter coat had grown in nice and full, and though it did a good job keeping her warm it was nothing like curled up in her den with the leaves under and over her body. It was something the girl craved was heat, always. It was just like the typical Seron craving blood. Her thick fur bounced as she trotted over to the stone that the Milfoil grew but the moment she spotted the flowers she also saw a large spotted figure. Sniffing the air she knew it wasn't Isabel, so who was it? Her blood ran cold, she knew some of these creatures were deadly. But she needed those flowers and the less time she had to spend outside searching the better. Quickly, the lass cleared her throat. "Um, pardon me?" Her voice was quiet, just above a whisper.

"I can't see.."

user posted image

Will be slow to reply. A bunch of stuff. My grandmother had a double mastectomy due to stage four breast cancer. She now has to have surgery AGAIN (within 3 days) to have a bloodclot removed. So, I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the hospital. Thanks for understanding.

Serkan
Posted: Jan 2 2012, 12:19 AM

Group Icon

Creature Assassin
Male 5 Years
15 POSTS 273 PP
para

His tail swung loosely over the edge of the boulder, flicking back and forth as he lay in relaxation. A satisfied sigh rumbled from the beast's throat, and he stretched out further, his spotted cost basking in the glow of the sun. It was refreshing, calming to say the least, and he quite enjoyed the solitude. While he often sought allies for his cause, there were times where the cat wouldn't mind some peace and quiet to himself. It was a soothing atmosphere, listening to the babbling of the river without worrying about stepping foot in the water. Serkan was not particularly fond of water, or being wet in general. It was an unpleasanat feeling, a statement that oat of his feline counterparts agreed with.

He was not alone forever, as it were. A meek voice batted hesitantly against his ears, and the creature rolled onto his chest, his skull swinging around to face the girl. A delicate wolf, she was little more than a child, with tawny fur and frightened eyes. His ears rotated towards her, and the cat's tail continued to flick idly at its tip. "Yes?" he inquired in his baritone voice, not unkind. His skull tilted to the side, presenting a curious expression to the girl. Everything about Serkan rang docility, aside from his ominous muscles and detrimental claws, even if the latter was sheathed, hidden within his paws.

Artemis
Posted: Jan 2 2012, 12:57 AM

Group Icon

Follower Medic
Female 2 Years
222 POSTS 2812 PP
Autty

A small sigh left the girls lips. At least he seemed kind. She rolled her shoulders before taking half a step forward. "I don't mean to bother you sir, not for long anyways. But I was wondering if you would mind if I approached to collect some of the Milfoil?" For some reason she felt awkward. Why was this? She was friends with Isabel and enjoyed being in her company. Why couldn't she be calm in this mans presence? Maybe it was because they hadn't echanged names yet? No. She couldn't. She had already interupted his sleep, so the quicker she could get the herbs the quicker he could go to sleep.

Patiently she waited for an answer, her body almost frozen in her place in fear of moving too fast and giving him the wrong idea, though a lass of her size would hardly even give him any damage. Maybe pin prick bite marks, but that was it. "I won't be long, just long enough to gather them all." Ice blue eyes looked into the handsome green ones on the spotted figure. Again, he seemed nice, so she hoped to just go in, get the Milfoil, and then scram out of his way.

"I can't see.."

user posted image

Will be slow to reply. A bunch of stuff. My grandmother had a double mastectomy due to stage four breast cancer. She now has to have surgery AGAIN (within 3 days) to have a bloodclot removed. So, I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the hospital. Thanks for understanding.

Serkan
Posted: Jan 2 2012, 02:08 AM

Group Icon

Creature Assassin
Male 5 Years
15 POSTS 273 PP
para

She was so very shy, it was almost disconcerting. He could only imagine the kinds of horrors that could cause a wolf to behave so meekly, and he studied her, wondering what might have happened to her in her past. The girl was so young, hardly old enough to have a past, but he supposed everyone had one, no matter their age. Flicking his ears at her words, the male arched his brows. "Gather what?" he asked, the word unfamiliar. The cat glanced about him, his eyes alighting on the poor-smelling orange flowers. "You mean these smelly flowers?" Serkan eyed the plants warily, as though he didn't trust them. Even so, they were surely of some use to the young woman, so he shrugged in response, an accepting gesture. "Be my guest," he hummed with a faint smile.

Serkan observed the young girl lazily, hardly bothered enough to rise from his position upon the rock. He found himself somewhat amused that he had only found females around here so far, most of them wolves. It was a strange phenomenon, but he supposed it was nothing more than a coincidence. The beast flicked his tail once more, his forepaws flopping over the edge of the boulder as his snout followed, his curious gaze darting between the girl and the flowers. "What do they do? These... milfoil plants." Serkan was far from knowledgeable when it came to plant life. Being an assassin, he had never found a need to study foliage and their medical purposes - there had always been women around for that. Now that the cat was on his own, he supposed it would be wise to pick up a thing or two.

Artemis
Posted: Jan 2 2012, 01:43 PM

Group Icon

Follower Medic
Female 2 Years
222 POSTS 2812 PP
Autty

'These smelly things?' That amused the girl, it even made her giggle a little. "Thank you sir, I won't be long, I promise." At least this cat was friendly, so eagerly she made her way over to the patch of flowers and began to pluck them from the ground. Though feeling O.K. by him, her senses were on edge just to insure her saftey. she felt his eyes on her, searching her as if he could see through her. An odd feeling over took the lass as this happened but she paid little to no attention to it. All she wanted were these flowers to heal her pack.

It was then he spoke, asking what the plants did that made Artemis jump almost. She smiled up at him as if to admit she was a fool for doing so. "Milfoil? Well... If you break the stem and put it on your skin it creates a cooling sensation, and when the petals are applied to a cut or a scrape it makes it heal faster." She gave a smile and then looked at the pile, then back up at him. "Would you like me to show you how it cools the skin?" When it came to herbs, the girl could talk for hours about it, what it should be followed up with, how to use it, and so much more.

"I can't see.."

user posted image

Serkan
Posted: Jan 2 2012, 05:23 PM

Group Icon

Creature Assassin
Male 5 Years
15 POSTS 273 PP
para

His tail flicked with satisfaction as a small laugh bubbled from the girl's lips. At least she had loosened up some, which pleased the cat. While he could be intimidating when necessary, he had no reason to wish to frighten the young mistress. Her intentions seemed pure enough. His hazel green eyes followed the girl's travel towards him, muzzle tipping over the edge to study her collection of the flowers. His tail lashed lazily from side to side, as though he were growing antsy, but he continued to follow her movements curiously, his eyes bright.

His ears perked towards the young girl as she explained the uses of the plant. He was every inch the curious cat, taking in the information and storing it away for later use. Serkan studied the plants for a few moments then to be sure that he would not forget what they looked like, glad to have learned something new about healing. She asked if he wanted to test the effects, and the scarred face of the feline bobbed up and down enthusiastically, agreeing. He leaned further over the edge of the boulder, his forelimbs hanging off as he peered down at her placidly. "You must be a healer," he concluded with a nod, sure of his words. There were few creatures who knew of plants and their uses if they were not healers, for the warriors and assassins had better things to do if there was always an herbalist around to fix their wounds. Serkan knew those facts only too well.

Artemis
Posted: Jan 6 2012, 12:32 PM

Group Icon

Follower Medic
Female 2 Years
222 POSTS 2812 PP
Autty

Eagerly the lass smiled up at the spotted brute. He was so very interested in the plants, and was eager to let the girl show him how it cools the skin. She gave a nod and bent down to pick up one of the flowers and put it on the stone and began to crush the stem into a paste. It was instant, her paw began to feel cool, tingling as if her paw was asleep. Gently, she lifted her paws and began to rub it into a small spot on the top of his paw. "Its almost instant, the cooling sensation. It works best when grinded against a stone, into a paste, but if that option isn't valid then you can just split the stem in half with your nail and apply it."

It was then he suggested she were a 'healer' and she gave a nod. "A medic, from Mortus Sero. My mother was a medic as well, and my... Father... He's a toxicologist. So learning of plants runs on both sides of my family." After rubbing the mash into his fur she took a few steps back and sat down, waiting to see his reaction to the cooling sensation that was going to take over his paw in just a matter of moments. It was fun teaching others of plants and how they could help. "If you ever need to be treated or healed, I'd be honored to help. I run by here almost every day." She miled up at him again, her tail lifting and then curling over her paws.

"I can't see.."

user posted image

Serkan
Posted: Jan 17 2012, 05:27 PM

Group Icon

Creature Assassin
Male 5 Years
15 POSTS 273 PP
para

Serkan watched the girl with great curiosity as she used the nearby stones to crush one of the pretty flowers. He wrinkled his nose slightly at the smell, but still leaned over his boulder eagerly, studying the young female's actions and storing the information about how to use the plant away into the corners of his mind. As she brushed her paw upon the top of his with the pulverized plant, the feline's eyes widened noticeably, his skull tilting in great fascination as his skin seemed to chill at once. "Fascinating..." he mused quietly, nosing at his own foot gently, though he quickly pulled away as his snout was also cooled, the unpleasant smell stuck stubbornly upon his nose. Serkan snorted, shaking his head, and then offered the girl a sheepish smile, pawing a few times at his muzzle with his unaffected foreleg.

Deciding that it was of no use, the spotted cat sighed softly and rolled onto his side as the dame spoke, his ears tilted attentively. The observant feline caught on immediately that she spoke of her mother in the past tense, and his brows arched, hazel stare again falling upon her youthful features. "Was?" he inquired without thinking, his tail flicking lazily where it was sprawled behind him on the rock. Almost at once Serkan realized his prodding mistake, and he propped himself back onto his chest, his skull shaking in faint shame. "I'm sorry... that's none of my business," huffed the cat, his ears twisting back in hopes that he not offended the young girl or stirred up any unwanted memories.

Artemis
Posted: Jan 17 2012, 11:39 PM

Group Icon

Follower Medic
Female 2 Years
222 POSTS 2812 PP
Autty

Needless to say this cat was very entertaining with the mash she had created for him. Then once he sniffed it and it got on his nose, his reaction made the girl laugh. Her vocals were sweet as they chimed. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh, it's just..." She giggled again before nodding at the water. "You can rinse it off, it will still be slightly numb but not as much." Mis gave him a warm smile before rolling her shoulders a bit. It was then he spoke again and a sinking feeling came to her stomach.

"No, it's fine. I uh. I was out gathering herbs, came back home and my mother was no where to be seen. She dissapeared." Her eyes seemed to look right past the spotted beast as she thought of the last time she saw her mother. It alsted just a few seconds before she pulled herself back into reality. "I keep myself busy though. I know she would have been proud of me so that makes it easier to accept she is gone. The pack needs a medic now that she's left, and that's me!" Artemis forced nother smile before loking at her paws.

she felt bad, telling the stranger this, but he did ask and she wasn't one to hold back information. She looked back up at him before giving him a smile. "I've got to get these herbs back to the pack, but it was a pleasure meeting you! Remember, i come by here often so if you need healing I would be more than happy to do so for you." She gave his paw a small nudge with her cool, damp nose before picking up the herbs, gave him a nod, and then walked away from the spotted cat. In reality she didn't have to get back to the pack. She just wanted to find a quiet place to cry.

"I can't see.."

Mis out.

user posted image

BROWSING THIS THREAD

TOPIC OPTIONS     Start new topicStart new topicStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0590 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

CREDITS