Pawpoint Shop
AW Thread Directory
Update Me!

Search
Change Skin
Today's Active Topics

ENVIRONMENT
WEATHER APRIL Y10
Any cold from the winter has since been vanquished. Days are warm and somewhat dry; spring showers are growing less common. Heat from the deserts roll into surrounding territories.
Daily temperatures average about 77°F/25°C.

PACKS OF HARBINGER
VIDA TALPack Meeting
ÍSELDURtraining sessions
RAUSSAn/a
REGALIARaussa Crusades
FantômeFounding

RECENT IC POSTS
Something beautiful and tragic...
BY Siv
Submerged in your contradictio...
BY Evon
The sun was out 'til midni...
BY Evon
We are of Kin
BY Ryurik
just pieces in their game
BY Eudoxia
no longer an image in my head
BY Pandora

Loss is nothing else but change, and change is Nature's delight.
Interested in joining? Explore the Guidebook!

QUICKNEWS
Make sure to finish up your pack events this month! @ Apr 21, '14
APR 5 — New month, new pack, new contest! ( READ MORE )
MAR 27 — Month end activity check as well as some reminders. ( READ MORE )
MAR 10 — The results of the pack activity check are in! + Some rule revisions! Sweet! ( READ MORE )
Monthly Contest

Posting Mania!
Month: April
Make the most posts
this month to win!
Current Events:
Feb 23: BWP: Meteor
NO DEADLINE
Apr 4: Fantôme Founding
DEADLINE APR 20
Apr 5: Posting Contest
DEADLINE APR 30
Apr 11: Vida Tal Pack Meeting
DEADLINE APR 27

Check Calendar

Start new topicStart new topicStart new topic

You can pull the rope. — SC mass training
Darin
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 09:21 PM

Group Icon

Alpha Warrior
Male 5 Years
249 POSTS 1165 PP
Autty

So here it is, Madison said this was okay to do. This is for all the Silver Covers that want to learn how to defend themselves better, recommended for warriors, guardians, and scouts. Those who deal with strangers more often than others. BUT ALL ARE ALLOWED. Please have a reply by October 27th, 2011. Any who do post on here will... Well... Get more respect from Darin. <3 Message Darin's account or just put an ooc: to let me know if you would like a one on one with Darin. And by request, we will be doing some sparring here as well. Darin will pair people up, and 'walk around' and critique them. Three attacks/defense moves then Darin will pop into your thread and give a critique. So just mark it with SCT (Silver Cove Training) and I'll know to stalk them. Sound good? YES IT DOES. Thank you!!!

It was about time that Silver Cove learn how to defend and fight for itself. And with the real Alpha gone, and the Alphess being in such a state, Darin took it upon himself to protect the lands. Or, at least help the wolves of Silver Cove better themselves to protect the lands. Gather them, give them the run down, tell them a few pointers, and anyone who wanted a one-on-one lesson could come to him. Just a small meeting for those who wanted to attend. For those that did Darin would hold more respect for them and even see about a promotion for them, and... Well Darin would just see what would happen. Finding a nice spot between two dunes to block the wind, he stood. Pushing his chest forward he lifted his head and let his eerie cry shift to the winds, calling those who were willing to come to him.

Darin waited for the first to show up. He hoped so much that this went better than the last meeting he had. Josalyn had told him to gather food once, and hardly anyone showed up. Thankfully, he wasn't as nervous as last time. Well, now it was a waiting game. It seemed to be a very long waiting game, even though it was just a few moments since the call. And seeing as this was in the Path it would take them longer than normal to get there. Darin knew this was the most private spot available to Silver Cove, and he doubted many had traveled there before, so what better way to introduce them to new skills than in a new place? A smile spread on his face. Darin hoped that the wolves learned from him. No, not the wolves... His family, his pack mates. All he wanted was for them to be safe.

"speech"

user posted image

I lost a dear friend. Miss. Linda fought cancer for 6 years, and died 7/24/11 at 8:03AM at 78 years old. Miss. Linda, I'm sad you're gone but I'm glad you're in no more pain. Thank you for all the things you taught me and showed me. I'll miss your hugs and your voice when you called me. Rest in peace, my dear friend.

Orion
Posted: Oct 14 2011, 07:38 AM

Group Icon

Loner
Male 5 Years
0 POSTS 30 PP
frankie

Orion wandered towards Viridian Path, head low, though he kept his tail curled over his back. He, admittedly, wasn't feeling great. He hadn't felt great for months. But he felt as if he had to show his face here and would participate. In a way, he hoped it would help something somehow. A good spar with someone might raise his spirits, as awful as that might have seemed in his head. It was a bit windy, but at least it wasn't wet and raining...Yet. Stepping lazily over the dunes, he soon spotted Darin and tried to put a smile on. It felt weak and unconvincing, but it was there nonetheless.

"Darin, thanks for doing this," Orion's voice began loud as he was still a few yards away, then eventually lowered into normal speech as he was finally sat before the gamma. "I hope it's more than just me and you." Glancing around, his eyes gradually came back to Darin. Admittedly, he didn't want to spar with Darin, unless it was merely for an example. He'd done that once, and it hadn't been friendly, and he felt that it wouldn't be good for his own morale if asked to do it again. "speech"

i climb the walls for oxygen !
table by madison. do not use without permission!

scarce until 12/14; please don't badger me about posting

Banquo
Posted: Oct 14 2011, 10:46 PM

Group Icon

Loner Diplomat
Male 7 Years
89 POSTS 1422 PP
vami

Another day, another hour, signifying his long life well lived. The man would stretch out his limbs, long and sturdy over the length of an average, yet powerfully endured frame. The gray hairs along his spine stood on end, the first chills of a gushing burst of wind over the soggy weather. The new day had brought a new chapter of life for the elder wolf, as he would lift to his full height and make way to the sounded call he had been waiting for only a few days time past. The tawny and cream wolf held a bound in his stride, lingering out from the northern forest of the Cove territory to slip through onto the path which would lead him down to the secluded beach-side of his home.

It would be his first day out and about, amongst the lot of his members as not just their diplomat, their ever faithful delta in the land, but their alpha, their leader; their king. Still as he moved, it was not with more of less confidence then he had always supported himself with. His tail would remain level with his dusted gray spine, his face held high with a smile upon his mug, delicate and true. Banquo had no means whats so ever to replace Natrium, nor to one up that of which he had done for the pack. Banquo only had means to be there, where the former Alpha could not and support his alphena and her decisions as he had done time and time before.

As he came to them, a single ear would turn back to the pair, the only two which had shown themselves as of yet. Banquo would slate his disappointment for the moment in hopes more were soon to arrive. After all, practicing in the art of protection was much needed for the pack, mainly in the youth who were growing into full age. Now to mention, the spars in general might be well enough to let off some steam they otherwise might not have been able to do. Certainly, tensions were high and moral was low in the pack of Silver Cove.

"Darin, Orion, hello to you both." He would smile upon them, dipping his muzzle in greeting a moment respectfully. After all, they had been in this pack longer then he, with ranks of higher despite his position now. In fact, with Orion's tail high and arced over his backside, his display alone might make others assume his ranking higher. Banquo was uncertain if the news of his own 'upgrade' had been known, though did not bother to voice it openly now. After all, he felt himself more of a figurehead then anything, where such decisions would be left to Jocalyn alone.

Koohra
Posted: Oct 15 2011, 08:21 AM

Group Icon

Loner Loner
Female 7 Years
82 POSTS 2946 PP
Melanie

Violence had never been her thing. She wasn't even too sure she knew how to seriously go about laying even a paw on anyone to defend either herself or the pack. How lucky of her never to have run into someone difficult enough to make things have to end up that way. In general, Koohra had been feeling a little better about everything. While most days didn't leave her with a good feeling, they didn't exactly leave a bad one either. Getting her slender body up on its own four paws hadn't been all that difficult lately; that was a start to some sort of progress. Of course things would never be as they were, and the same could be said about most Cove wolves, but they could surely try to make it that way if one really wanted to put forth the effort to likely just fail in the end. Even someone as constantly happy and optimistic as the Gamma female couldn't find herself to be that much of a fool.

But days went on, and time made things easier little by little. Sooner or later things could at least continue on at the basic level of normality - at least the normality that will settle throughout the Cove after everything that's happened. Koohra had been trying to force herself back into the swing of something. It didn't entirely matter to the girl whether it was occupying her life with her duty once again or finding much smaller tasks to busy herself with or even a possible mix of the two. She simply had to be doing something to keep herself from slipping back. While some might argue that the progress that had been made so far was close to meaningless, it was enough to spark the desire within her to keep herself going in a positive direction. It was something everyone in the pack needed to do or at least to see.

She knew what day it was, how could she forget? Darin was leading his training session today, and as much as having to fight made her uncomfortable, she knew she had to go. Not only was she a scout and needed it greatly, but it also seemed like it would be another positive step. Plus, being there as some supper for Darin would surely be pleasant. Remembering how nervous he was the first time that someone had instructed him to lead something, it might be helpful to him if he was still that way. Paws lightly sank into the similarly hued sands below them with each step the female took in the direction where it was all going to be held. Though insanely worried about what she might be getting herself into, Koohra was somewhat excited all the same. After some time she saw three figures not that far into the distance, all ones that she recognized: Darin, Orion, and Banquo.This must be the place. "Hello everyone." she said as a universal greeting to the three of them there. Taking a seat next to the ebony hued male of the group, her pale eyes took a quick look around them. Surely she wasn't late or anything of the sort, so there had to be others still coming. Having just the four of them didn't seem like it would really cause this even to serve its purpose, especially when she was sure that at least two of the males knew how to fight and defend themselves already. "Dialog."

Xavier
Posted: Oct 16 2011, 12:00 AM

Group Icon

Subordinate Emissary
Male 6 Years
3 POSTS 101 PP
para

The idea of a training session excited him. It meant he would get more practice at fighting, something he needed regardless of which ruse he was portraying. He had seen his mentor few times and far between, and Xavier had all but given up hope that Orion had any interest in him. He supposed the aloof, older male would be less hurt by his betrayal in the end, but when his mind rolled to the thought that his surrogate mother was Orion's sister, the idea was quickly dropped. Orion may, in fact, be the most outraged with future events to come. The closer Xavier got to returning to Mortus Sero, the more anxious he grew, his thoughts constantly turning to the idea in a childlike excitement that, even though it stayed entirely within his head, was more exuberant than he had ever seemed to be. With a vigorous shake of his skull, however, the child forced himself to focus on the events to come, his ears perking the closer he got to where Darin had summoned them.

The lad entered with a confident stride, though not pompously slow, and halted a few yards back from the group, his keen eyes noting who all was in the proximity. Not surprisingly, Orion had attended, as had the newly-appointed alpha, Banquo. Xavier's gaze roved the aging male for a few moments, his interest somewhat piqued, and then he swung his skull to the side to take in the appearance of Koohra, who was an odd sight to see here indeed. With a lazy shrug, the lad offered them all a minute smile, more so for necessary social purposes than anything, and drifted closer, though he still settled himself on the outskirts of the small grouping. He had always been aloof, and it was perhaps the one part of the boy's personality that was not as much as a mask as it was his true self. He supposed that being a loner was a benefit in life - no one could hurt him if he wore a constant armor.

"speech"

Adele
Posted: Oct 18 2011, 06:51 PM

Group Icon

Three Herbalist
Female 2 Years
34 POSTS 129 PP
Esther

ooc - I would like a personal one on one with Darin. Some sparring would be nice too. Also, as a note, this post isn't going to be anywhere near as nice or amazing as my previous 700 word one. My power decided to shut off just as I was finishing, and I'm honestly not going to rewrite it again. Sorry.

As the anxious call came, Adele had been found pacing along the sands of the cove, awaiting the noise to be heard through the air as Darin had promised. It had not taken the young girl long to arrive at the meeting point with a steady and eased gait, once which still flaunted immaculate Vedi genes and the pristine coating of she, her mother, and her mother's mother. She would need to put on a smile now and face her fears, despite her reservations. With her broken family tearing apart at the seams, it seemed she would be the sole suitor to the task of preserving the vedi family.

Many voices buzzed with excitement as she neared the training session's position. From outside of view she could capture a few identities solely by their voices, their chatter audible from a rather great distance. Yet without qualm, storing her shyness to the back of her mind she emerged from the brush and made herself visible within the dunes. Spotting the crimson shaded male whom she knew best, she strode to his side and offered him a bright smile, void of fear nor hesitation at this rare encounter with aggressive activities. "Hello Xavier," the young lass offered as she glanced around, offering a pure simper to her elders as she awaited the others.

Darin
Posted: Oct 29 2011, 12:31 AM

Group Icon

Alpha Warrior
Male 5 Years
249 POSTS 1165 PP
Autty

So here is round two. No one else is permitted to join now, sorry!! Thank you to those that showed up. I am pleased. So here it goes... Three 'attacks' each, then Darin will post giving advice, then one response each (if they have questions/comments) and then Darin will answer and leave. That'll give in ten posts total so you will get the PP for it. Questions, put it in OOC or PM Darin's account. Below is a list of who will be paired up, matters not who starts. Create a separate thread and put in the title somewhere [SCT]. My goal is to have the separate threads finished by November 15th, 2011. Again, thanks!!

Orion Vs. Banquo
Koohra Vs. Adele
Darin Vs. Xavier

The moments seemed like they were passing fast, and sure enough it was just a short time before a brown brute came forward with those intense green eyes. He knew Orion had fantastic skills, Darin had the scars to prove it. With out thinking of it Darin rolled his shoulder back that had the faint scar that the brute had left. Ah well, the past was the past. Orion and Darin had come a long way since then and had grown to respect one another. Or so Darin hoped Orion respected him. Darin gave a smile as Orion made his way into the training circle and spoke to him. "Not a problem. Glad I can help the pack in some way." He gave a chuckle before another figure approached the circle.

Banquo, the newly appointed Alpha Male. Darin hadn't had much of a chance to meet him yet, all Darin knew was the face and the name, so with a nod Darin took notice the old timer as his vocals carried a greeting. "Greetings Banquo. Nice to finally meet you." THe black brutes head lowered a bit, as if ashamed that he hadn't taken the time to meet all the pack members yet. There were a lot of wolves in Silver Cove, and being a full time mate and father it was difficult to run much of a social life. "I'm glad you came today." The black banner behind Darin began to wag as another wolf approached them.

It was Koohra. A grin like no other plastered the ebony males features as he watched her walk into the training session. Darin was glad, so glad she was willing to learn how to defend herself. It would put his mind to rest for sure. "Glad you could make it!" He gave her a soft nudge on the neck before looking at the other two males. Darin began to grow nervous. Was this all to show? If that were the case, Darin would just dismiss them, and apologize for taking time out of their day. It was obvious Orion and Banquo knew how to fight, but if he wanted Koohra to know he would hold a private session for her. Everyone here had duties that needed to be done and didn't need to waist their time. With a defeated sigh, the male looked up to dismiss them before the adopted son of Jos and Natty showed up.

Xavier. Darin gave the lad a nod and a small smile before looking around nervously. Maybe Darin was rushing things? No. Much time had passed, but then he remembered that he was holding this in the Viridian Path, it was a ways from the dens and the normal meeting area. The lad looked at Xavier again. The boy had a nicely formed body for a wolf his age, and held his body much like Darin did when he was that age. A warrior in the making. Darin saw much hope in the boy. "Thanks for making it Xavier. Hopefully you'll learn a lot." Darin gave one last glance to the boy before looking around the group. Well, maybe it was worth holding now. Xavier and Koohra could use the training, Orion and Banquo were there, they could give tips at least to the two, and Darin could over see. But before Darin could finish the plan, a small golden girl came around the corner.

Adele. Darin would know her anywhere, she was a pale version of her mother. Darin barked a small greeting to her, and as she got closer he smiled. "Adele, nice to see you." Darin sat a little longer, his eyes scanning the group awkwardly, looking up to the skies that still seemed unsure about what they were going to do, what havoc to cause, but it didn't take long. Darin knew no one else was coming. Some how he just knew. So clearing his throat, even though it was a small group, Darin decided to speak once more to all of them. "Thank you again for attending this session. Today, I will be paring each of you up to spar with one another. Orion with Banquo, Adele with Koohra, and Xavier, you'll be paired with me. Once Xavier and I are finished I'll be stopping by to see if you have any questions or if I can suggest something. Then once done, we'll meet here and see if anything else needs to be addressed. Remember, this is a spar, so try not to cause any unneeded harm." Darin looked around the group, looked at Koohra and gave her a lick on the cheek before standing up to walk past Xavier. "Good luck all!"

"speech"

user posted image

I lost a dear friend. Miss. Linda fought cancer for 6 years, and died 7/24/11 at 8:03AM at 78 years old. Miss. Linda, I'm sad you're gone but I'm glad you're in no more pain. Thank you for all the things you taught me and showed me. I'll miss your hugs and your voice when you called me. Rest in peace, my dear friend.

Orion
Posted: Nov 8 2011, 09:09 AM

Group Icon

Loner
Male 5 Years
0 POSTS 30 PP
frankie

short post, but there's not much to respond to. but yeah, i'm assuming that i'm supposed to post here with Orion.

With pride in his step, Orion returned to their previous meeting place, which was now quite empty as the spars carried on around him. A light chuckle shook his frame, though nothing was around to make him laugh. His eyes was still squinted from a mild throbbing pain, though the bleeding had since stopped, and while his ribs hurt slightly when he exhaled, he thought the whole thing had been rather...fun. The most fun he'd had in quite sometime with his pack mates. Haunches carefully settled into the sand, and he waited for Banquo to rejoin him, hopefully Darin as well, and all of this would be wrapped up soon. He tried to keep his eyes off of the spars going on around him, knowing that he wouldn't like to be stared at either. "speech"

i climb the walls for oxygen !
table by madison. do not use without permission!

scarce until 12/14; please don't badger me about posting

BROWSING THIS THREAD

TOPIC OPTIONS     Start new topicStart new topicStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0513 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

CREDITS