Pawpoint Shop
AW Thread Directory
Update Me!

Search
Change Skin
Today's Active Topics

ENVIRONMENT
WEATHER APRIL Y10
Any cold from the winter has since been vanquished. Days are warm and somewhat dry; spring showers are growing less common. Heat from the deserts roll into surrounding territories.
Daily temperatures average about 77°F/25°C.

PACKS OF HARBINGER
PESCA LOBORaussa Crusades
VIDA TALPack Meeting
ÍSELDURtraining sessions
RAUSSAn/a
REGALIARaussa Crusades
FantômeFounding

RECENT IC POSTS
To the basement people, to the...
BY Shizuka
Courtesy Call
BY Hyperion
Prove me wrong, prove your wor...
BY Mishka
A Spartan... Among Hippies [JO...
BY Luka
A world that never was...
BY Beatrix
We are of Kin
BY Ryurik

A hole, a hole, a hole in the desert.
Interested in joining? Explore the Guidebook!

QUICKNEWS
Go vote for MotM! @ Apr 16, '14
APR 5 — New month, new pack, new contest! ( READ MORE )
MAR 27 — Month end activity check as well as some reminders. ( READ MORE )
MAR 10 — The results of the pack activity check are in! + Some rule revisions! Sweet! ( READ MORE )
Monthly Contest

Posting Mania!
Month: April
Make the most posts
this month to win!
Current Events:
Feb 23: BWP: Meteor
NO DEADLINE
Apr 4: Fantôme Founding
DEADLINE APR 20
Apr 5: Posting Contest
DEADLINE APR 30
Apr 11: Vida Tal Pack Meeting
DEADLINE APR 18

Check Calendar

Start new topicStart new topicStart new topic

Leave It To Me To Stumble Into This — [P.] Skuld
Iris
Posted: Jul 23 2011, 10:15 PM

Group Icon

--
Female 2 Years
71 POSTS 1016 PP
Madi

The sound of a lopsided, clumsy run could be heard in all directions through the Birdsong Jungle as Iris tumbled through the woods back to her home near the middle of the woods. She usually camped out under a large pile of fallen limbs thickly lined with moss and peat. Soft, cozy, comfy and a nice place to crash after a long adventure like the one she'd taken yesterday out to Escarlata. She was looking forward to her warm bed after her long trek today, and just taking her first steps back into her home, Birdsong, made her feel a whole lot more comfortable.

But something was off, and it took her a while to notice it, but once she did her stride slowed. Her nose violently jerked in all directions, eyes looking frantically in all directions. There were a mixture of different wolf-like scents that all had this one weirdness in common. It was weird and scary, and Iris really had no clue what it was. She knew it was wolves, of course, but why were there so many all in one place, why were they in her jungle, and why did they all smell alike? Were they a family or something? Had they just moved in or something?

Finding herself unbelievably curious as to what this odd scent was, she lifted her nose to the air, took a few more whiffs of the scent, and called out meekly, "Um, hello? Who's here? What are you doing in my home?"

"Yell it out!"

user posted image

Skuld
Posted: Jul 24 2011, 01:31 PM

Group Icon

Professor Advising
Male 8 Years
139 POSTS 1822 PP
Zena

{{OoC: This kind of sucks, sorry. I have an awful headache. T_T}}

The pack's formation had been formalised only that morning, and though the Jack had requested that all three of the other Adegans make patrols where they could, he was pretty much expecting that someone would miss the new markers and trespass. So it was that he was not overly offended to spy a small cat gazing around herself warily, on his way around the borders. Of course, there had always been the chance that some may choose to investigate in response to his earlier howl and simply ignore the scent markers, but that did not seem to be the case here. The ocelot seemed curious but submissive, and she certainly didn't look as though she intended to cause trouble.

Her words reaching his ears, Skuld stepped from between the trees he had been concealed behind with a calm smile. His posture was dominant; after all these were his lands now and he would protect them; but not overbearing. Unfortunately, his sheer size often tended to intimidate, regardless of intention.

"Good evening, miss," he greeted steadily, tone non-threatening but stern. "My name is Skuld Maddox, and it is my pack Adega that you can smell. We claimed the jungle as our home this morning." Dipping his head, the wolf apologised, voice genuine. "I am sorry, I was unaware that you already called this place home." A thoughtful cock of the head was given as Skuld wondered if this feline might accept a similar agreement to the one Berto had. "Would you be willing to consider a deal?" He asked, feeling bad over the fact that she would otherwise be forced to leave her home. "Dialog."

Iris
Posted: Jul 24 2011, 02:05 PM

Group Icon

--
Female 2 Years
71 POSTS 1016 PP
Madi

Aw :( It's fine.

When the large male stepped out from behind the tree, Iris almost gave herself a panic attack. She hadn't actually thought anyone would be there, and just his size and his air of importance scared the daylights out of her. A squeak escaped her and her eyes widened as she slowly backed up, hoping that maybe he wouldn't hurt her. Just as he began to speak, she ran into a tree. Great, so now she was stuck here?

It took her a moment or so to actually listen to him, and even longer to realize he didn't want to hurt her. She picked up that his name was Skuld and that there was some new pack, Adega, but she didn't quite process that it was his pack and that they'd laid claim here until he told her that they'd claimed the land this morning. Well no wonder she'd missed it, they'd done it while she was out. Probably for the better, too--she didn't want to think about what may have happened if she'd been here when they took over.

She was beginning to relax a bit, he seemed nice. Aside from the fact that they took her home. But still, he didn't look like he was gonna hurt her. In fact, he'd even apologized for taking this place from her. That had to mean he was a good wolf. But then he said something about a deal? She knew what a deal was, of course, but what would she get a deal for? Not bothering them? Noving out? What? It took her a few tries, but once she worked up the courage to speak, she spewed, "Um, I uh, I um I don't know, what kinda deal?"

She took a few hesitant steps forward, pausing about a yard away from the tree. "Oh and Um my name's Iris. Iris Windemere. And I um I'm just an ocelot. Yeah." Iris stuttered through her speech like a small child meeting some really tall and famous person. Which could easily be what you called this scene here, actually.

"Yell it out!"

user posted image

Skuld
Posted: Aug 3 2011, 07:33 AM

Group Icon

Professor Advising
Male 8 Years
139 POSTS 1822 PP
Zena

{{OoC: Table change! :D So many gorgeous Skuld tables, I must use them all XD}}

A wolfish brow rose as the cat squeaked, backing away from him. He hadn't realised that he was quite that intimidating when not attempting to be. True, he towered over her, but he was displaying no signs of aggression. He considered informing her that he meant no harm, but quickly scrapped the idea. It would perhaps be better to simply allow her to realise that her spine had not yet been snapped, and so he was clearly not intending to hurt her.

This method yielded progress soon enough, though she appeared somewhat dazed and confused. Eventually at least some of his words seemed to make sense to her, and as she relaxed and blurted a question. A smile touched the pale lips, and he shook his head a little, amused. "You know you needn't worry so, Miss. I'm not about to hurt you or anything." Rolling his shoulders in a shrug, he addressed her question. "Well, I assume that had you the choice, you would like to remain living here, yes?" He asked. After all, for her to have named it her home to begin with, she must have been fond of the place. "Well what if I said I was willing to allow you to remain, so long as you could abide by a few conditions?"

He would wait for her response before naming said conditions. After all, she might prefer to leave, than make her home alongside a pack of wolves.

"but that's not the shape of my heart"

Iris
Posted: Aug 3 2011, 11:33 AM

Group Icon

--
Female 2 Years
71 POSTS 1016 PP
Madi

Shortpost D: Sorry.

She listened to him speak, and as he answered her question, every word was like a puff of air, blowing her eyes up wider and wider like little purple balloons. By the time he was done, they probably looked as though they were gonna fall right out of their sockets, and she may even still look like she was afraid, but she wasn't and they weren't--she just couldn't believe she'd be allowed to keep her home with a pack here! Mr. Skuld was so nice, why was she ever afraid? Iris didn't really care about what the conditions were, she'd stay for anything as long as it wasn't too violent. But she had to ask to be sure, so she quickly snapped her gaping jaw shut and blinked a few times as to at least pretend she hadn't just been looking like a toddler on steroids.

"You- you- you'd... you'd let me stay here? I'll do anything to stay here, Mr. Skuld! Thank you so much! I'll do whatever I have to, Mr. Skuld!" A big smile lit up the feline's face and her eyes glowed. She didn't really think about not getting her hopes up in case the deal was bad. All she could process in her weak little mind was that she wouldn't have to worry about going somewhere else and that she'd be here and safe by the guards that always kept a watch over packlands. And since Mr. Skuld was so nice, his deal couldn't be too terrible, could it?

"Yell it out!"

user posted image

Skuld
Posted: Sep 5 2011, 10:08 AM

Group Icon

Professor Advising
Male 8 Years
139 POSTS 1822 PP
Zena

{{OoC: -Yanks from the archives. Sorry this took so long.}}

As Skuld spoke, the little cat's eyes grew wider and wider. By the time he finished, he was beginning to grow concerned that they might pop right out. That couldn't happen, could it? He hoped not... Clearly she was rather surprised by his offer, and he couldn't help a startled laugh as she beamed, enthusing her thanks and promising anything in return. Rather a dangerous thing to say, that, and she was lucky he was not the malicious or manipulative sort.

"I'll take that as a yes, you'd like to stay," he chuckled, eyes alight with humour. Smiling, he lowered himself to a reclining position to be more on the small feline's level. Looking her over assessingly, he quickly ruled out the possibility of requesting that Iris aid in training the wolves. Her size and temperament seemed to make such a thing unrealistic. However... "How are you at hunting, Miss Windemere?" He asked, head tilting to the side. "Would you be amenable to helping out by supplying the pack with any extra food you might manage to catch now and then? Naturally, you will feed yourself well first, but we would be grateful if you would consider putting in some extra time to help ease our hunter's workload."

Flicking an ear to remove a fly that settled there, he continued. "There are only two other things that I have to ask of you," he stated, voice calm and steady. "Firstly, it would be very helpful if you would work as a sort of sentry in the canopy for us. So, say if you happen to spot someone lurking at the borders or trespassing, it would be much appreciated if you would report the suspicious activity to one of our sentries, so that it could be investigated. Naturally you would not be expected to intercept them, simply to keep an eye out."

"Finally," he continued. "And the need for this duty would be far rarer than the others, you would not be asked to participate in direct battle but how would you feel if, should the pack find itself at war, staying within the denning site and protecting our young? As of yet there are no pups in the pack, but that's bound to change before too long." This last was explained with a chuckle and a roll of the eyes. "I'm sure everyone would feel much better knowing that any offspring they might have would be protected should the need ever arise...?" This last trailed off, lilting into a question as Skuld waited quietly for the feline's response.

"but that's not the shape of my heart"

Iris
Posted: Sep 10 2011, 07:02 PM

Group Icon

--
Female 2 Years
71 POSTS 1016 PP
Madi

Okay this isn't my best. It's hard to type a happy post while watching the newcast replay from 9/11. :/ but I'm just trying to get it out of the way.

A big grin was her only response to his first words, to happy to really speak clearly. He was smiling too. See? He was nice. Only nice wolves smile. Then at his question, knowing that even if she wasn't the best hunter in the world, that if he didn't think she could handle it she wouldn't get to stay, she twisted the truth a bit and excitedly squeaked, "Great!" with an eager smile. Hopefully he wouldn't notice. "Oh, I'd love to help out! That's not a problem, I'll do anything!" her smile stayed solid, unwavering, as she kept listening to what he was saying, nodding every few seconds to be clear she was paying very close attention.

His words soaked into her little sponge-like brain. It was simple, really. Keep an eye out and protect the little ones. Iris loved pups. They were cute and sweet and thought the way she did, with a simple, innocent outlook on everything. She'd protect them for anything. And keeping an eye on them was much better for her than actually fighting, what with her misshapen leg. "I'll do it! I'll keep an eye out and I'll be the best sentry ever, Mr. Skuld, and I'll be the best pupsitter ever too. I love pups and it's really good that you gave me that job because I can't fight because of my leg I mean I can fight don't worry Mr. Skuld I'll protect them and everything but I don't think I'd be as helpful out actually fighting-fighting but I can still protect them I mean when I'm under pressure I can do anything Mr. Skuld, I mean anything." Realizing that she'd just spewed a seemingly endless senseless run-on sentence to Mr. Skuld she quickly snapped her mouth shut. With a sheepish grin she lowered her head, feeling her cheeks heat up. "Yeeeeah. Thank you so much Mr. Skuld!"

"Yell it out!"

user posted image

BROWSING THIS THREAD

TOPIC OPTIONS     Start new topicStart new topicStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0504 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

CREDITS