Pawpoint Shop
AW Thread Directory
Update Me!

Search
Change Skin
Today's Active Topics

ENVIRONMENT
WEATHER APRIL Y10
Any cold from the winter has since been vanquished. Days are warm and somewhat dry; spring showers are growing less common. Heat from the deserts roll into surrounding territories.
Daily temperatures average about 77°F/25°C.

PACKS OF HARBINGER
VIDA TALPack Meeting
ÍSELDURtraining sessions
RAUSSAn/a
REGALIARaussa Crusades
FantômeFounding

RECENT IC POSTS
down in the forest, we'll ...
BY Arcblaze
listen to your elders
BY Seraphim
close your mouth, think with y...
BY Xi'nuata
New Age Madness
BY Nereus
no longer an image in my head
BY Kesare
something of my own
BY Balor

A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep.
Interested in joining? Explore the Guidebook!

QUICKNEWS
Make sure to finish up your pack events this month! @ Apr 21, '14
APR 5 — New month, new pack, new contest! ( READ MORE )
MAR 27 — Month end activity check as well as some reminders. ( READ MORE )
MAR 10 — The results of the pack activity check are in! + Some rule revisions! Sweet! ( READ MORE )
Monthly Contest

Posting Mania!
Month: April
Make the most posts
this month to win!
Current Events:
Feb 23: BWP: Meteor
NO DEADLINE
Apr 4: Fantôme Founding
DEADLINE APR 20
Apr 5: Posting Contest
DEADLINE APR 30
Apr 11: Vida Tal Pack Meeting
DEADLINE APR 27

Check Calendar

Start new topicStart new topicStart new topic

The Sands of Time — Koohra, and any other Silver Covers
Andromeda
Posted: May 2 2011, 03:44 PM

Group Icon

-- Sentry
Female 3 Years
69 POSTS 403 PP
Andromeda "Andy"

ooc; if you don't mind, i'd like to date this after the earthquake, but before the pack meeting. Hope that's okay, if not, I can change it.

It hadn't been long at all since the day the earth shook, not long at all. In fact, if she remembered correctly, it had only been yesterday when the tumultuous event had occurred. Andromeda's eyes blinked and greeted the sun. It was just as ordinary looking a day as the day before had been, yet today had not wielded an earthquake, at least not yet. She had been laying on the beach since the event, even though the party that had been with her before was long gone now. Josalyn, her pup Adele, her brother, and even a few others that Andromeda was not familiar with were all gone. Her creme pelt was mottled with sand, but she did not mind it much, at least not at this particular moment.

The earth had not tremored once since that fateful moment when all hell had broken loose, and Andromeda's nerves were now finally calm. She stretched slightly, forepaws extending in front of her. It was amazing that she had ended up relatively unscathed from the event, but she knew others surely had not. The she-wolf rolled onto her back, and then to her other side as she stretched. Movements led up to a yawn, and she allowed it to come, before finally resting her chin on her paws. Her tail switched side to side. It was true, she was relatively bored.

The water was frothing slightly, but only a bit. The tides were rather rough at the moment, but the high sun was offering it's warmth in bountiful amounts. Andromeda began to pant, and finally drew toward the body of water that lingered nearby. She slipped into the ocean silent as a ghost, it had become quite a natural thing for her to do. She loved the water, absolutely adored it. Andromeda stepped about half way in, and allowed the water to lap at her hocks.

"Speech"

user posted image

Koohra
Posted: May 2 2011, 05:22 PM

Group Icon

Loner Loner
Female 7 Years
82 POSTS 2946 PP
Melanie

That's fine. c:
This post is really long. Dx I ramble a lot. Sorry! x)

She was always one to worry so much more than was actually needed, but the earthquake only made it all worse. On top of that, she'd already been worrying even more because of her children. They were old enough to have some freedom, and that worried the female. Now Koohra was left to deal with the dangers of an earthquake and possible things that might happen after. So many things could happen from one, even if it was kind of small, but this one seemed like it must have been huge. Thankfully, no one she knew of - yet - had been hurt by it. At least there was one less thing for her to worry about. If someone close to her or even someone she'd talked to before had gotten hurt in it, that easily would have been too much for her to deal with amidst everything else that happened. She just wanted everyone to be safe and for everything to be okay.

That was what got her out and acting like a sentry again. The female wanted to pull her own weight once again like before, even if she did occasionally worry about the pups. As long as she made sure to check on them a few times a day and possibly stay with them for a while. It was pleasantly convenient that others had started picking up the sentry duty when she had the pups to deal with. It helped make it easier to come back because it allowed for that time she used to check in on the pups. Of course, Koohra wasn't spending every hour of every day around the Cove, but at least she back to doing something while still being a good mother at the same time. Plus, this allowed Darin the time to get to know the pups, too. A father needed to know his children just as much as the mother.

For now, the female simple tried to clear her mind and get back to what was needed. Feeling the warm and beneath her paws and seeing the beautiful weather around her was always a nice thing to help with that. She appreciated the wonderful and familiar things around Silver Cove; it seemed like forever since she'd seen/felt them. Even running into someone on the few times before now that she'd been out was something that seemed like a rare occurrence, but that changed as her lavender eyes caught sight of another figure. Approaching, the girl cleared her throat. Inhaling the scent of the other, it became apparent that they were in fact part of Silver Cove, but likely new since the scent wasn't too strong. "Excuse me, but do you need something? Or are you just here for fun? From what I can tell you're new here in Silver Cove, aren't you?" She offered a friendly smile as she walked closer. "I'm Koohra, Gamma and head sentry here. Might I ask who you are?" Koohra always wanted to make sure she met everyone in the pack at least once. It felt awful to see someone she didn't know, so a better effort was made to make sure she didn't get that feeling.

"speech."

Andromeda
Posted: May 3 2011, 01:05 PM

Group Icon

-- Sentry
Female 3 Years
69 POSTS 403 PP
Andromeda "Andy"

Burnt orange eyes lazily followed a trail of clouds as it built and morphed high above her in the heavens. The towering clouds were massive, and threatened something that Andromeda was not looking forward to. However, for the time being, all was peaceful, and so she relaxed. The newly appointed sentry had not yet begun her duties for the morning, but with a glance at the rising sun, she knew she should really be on her way. The sea, however, was not making that easy. The rolling of the waves was lulling her into a false sense of security, and causing her to lower her guard. The mexican wolf (who really didn't look mexican in the slightest) was all too oblivious to the stranger approaching. The call of gulls caused her once closed eyes to shoot open, and that is when she glanced at the approaching female who smelled quite strongly of Silver Cove. Hackles that had raised out of instinct quickly shot downward to a relaxed position as Andromeda stood to her feet and nodded her head in greeting as the female continued to approach.

The fellow Silver Cover was lovely, as regal as any other wolf Andromeda had met here. She'd been beginning to feel a bit inadequate, but had recently assured herself that with a bit more care for grooming, she too could be as pleasing to the eye as the wolves here. With that thought, she glanced down rapidly at her sand ridden frame. Ah well, it was too late for a good first impression now. Not only had she been sleeping in - for the sun was now rising rapidly - but she also looked quite the mess. A sheepish grin twitched on her face as she nodded once more and listened to the female's words. Her ears flicked instantly forward, like radar satellites, trying to catch and decipher every word. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Koohra, I've heard great things about you. You have pups, am I correct? With a wolf named... Darin, is it?" She didn't want to appear as if she'd been prying, but Andromeda liked to know a bit about the other wolves, though she hadn't gotten off to a perfect start. She settled to her haunches as a small bout of jealousy bubbled up in her, but she suppressed it almost at once. "My name is Andromeda, newly appointed Sentry, and the new kid on the block in Silver Cove."

"Speech"

user posted image

Koohra
Posted: May 5 2011, 02:06 PM

Group Icon

Loner Loner
Female 7 Years
82 POSTS 2946 PP
Melanie

Paranoia about the earthquake had now been set aside and the girl put on what felt like and actual smile for once. It seemed like ages since she'd been able to do that through all the worry that the girl put herself through day after day about everything. Recognizing that feeling, Koohra only naturally felt like her old self again for a moment and internally enjoyed this feeling without letting herself appear like too much of a happy freak. She'd learned before that such a look was sometimes a little strange for others that weren't always as happy and cheerful as she was. "Noah, Aiden, and Ariana, yes. Those are my pups, and Darin is my mate." she laughed a little. It was odd that this wolf had heard thing about her before ever actually meeting her. "What kind of "great" things have you heard?" she said, letting out another small laugh. Surely she wasn't that great of an individual to have a stranger in the pack already know of her. How strange.

With that now put aside, the word sentry along with the name the other female offered as her own crossed the Gamma's ears. It was always exciting to hear someone tell her they picked up the duty of being a sentry. Koohra loved to help others get used to what they had to do as sentries, it was fun for her. Plus, it was a very pleasant change from when she was the only sentry for the entire pack. That had been absolutely exhausting for the girl to keep up for so long. Thankfully, that hadn't been a problem for some time now. "Well, it's pretty convenient to be meeting me if you're not only just new to the pack, but new as a sentry in general. I'd be happy to answer any question or help you if you need it." she said with yet another smile. It felt good to be able to focus on something other than the worry about the pups, even if it was something as simple as the hope that she'd be able to answer simple questions. It was better than nothing to her.

"speech."

Andromeda
Posted: May 5 2011, 04:44 PM

Group Icon

-- Sentry
Female 3 Years
69 POSTS 403 PP
Andromeda "Andy"

Andromeda was beginning to wonder if she should have mentioned she'd heard things of Koohra. After all, it wasn't typical that a new member should know about others, but Josalyn had offered up information.. and others had been overheard occasionally, so why shouldn't she claim to know? Surely Koohra wouldn't mind that Andromeda knew things, all of which were good and honorable claims. Her musings ceased as the gamma and sentry spoke, confirming Andromeda's suspicions that she indeed was the one with a mate and pups. Of course, she probably wasn't the only one. However, Andromeda was probably the only one without a mate or pups in this pack. She hated the thought, but was determined not to dwell on it, at least not at this moment with Koohra. She was sure the gamma would not be pleased with her jealousy.

It was then Koohra brought up her statement, and Andromeda knew it was time to correct her ambiguous speech. "Oh I just meant Josalyn had spoken of you when I first joined. She was telling me who might be at the dens as we were passing by, and your name came up. I'd love to meet your pups sometime, and your mate as well." Of course it was somewhat of a formality, she also truly meant it. Andromeda adored pups, absolutely loved them. They were always so cute and innocent, it was almost impossible to be upset with one of those little creatures. It brought a smile to her face just thinking of them. Andromeda tapped the tip of her tail on the earth gently before nodding slightly as Koohra spoke again, this time offering help or guidance. In all truth, Andromeda hadn't the slightest idea of what to do as a sentry. "Well, to be honest, I don't really know what I should do. I'm not sure what the other sentries do, or where they cover."

"Speech"

user posted image

Koohra
Posted: May 6 2011, 10:17 PM

Group Icon

Loner Loner
Female 7 Years
82 POSTS 2946 PP
Melanie

Her curiosity began to grow quickly once she'd asked about what had been said about it. The female was sure it wasn't anything bad since there really wasn't too much of anything bad about her in to begin with, unless one considered being overly happy a bad thing, which it could be at times, but it didn't seem like that would be the case too often. Finally hearing the simple answer the other female had to offer, Koohra's curiosity simmered down to a more normal level and a smile pulled at the ends of her lips as more was mentioned about the pups and Darin. "Darin usually keeps himself pretty busy, even when I tell him to relax." she let out a small laugh. He never did listen to her when she told him to take a break, even if it was a short one for even five minutes. "I'm sure that once you start your boarders, you'll run into him at some point." Koohra herself ran into him enough that surely anyone had the same possibility as she did.

Moving on to more serious matters, the female gave a sharp nod before answering the very general question about being a sentry. "I honestly don't really assign specific places for the sentries to patrol. If anything, I'd rather have you run into each other at some point and exchange information. It's always seemed like a helpful thing to me." She took a breath and thought for a moment about how to describe what being a sentry really consisted of other than walking around the territory day after day. That seemed much more boring than it actually was. "The most I can really tell you about being a sentry is to just be observant. Even if you're out doing something simple, look at the finer details of the things around you. Eventually, you begin to know the look for the Silver Cove territories flawlessly and finding things out of place are quite simple when that happens."

Taking another little pause, Koohra thought about possibly organizing the way the sentries worked differently. It did seem somewhat jumbled now that she had been talking and thinking about it. "If there's something that seems out of place, you can either try and investigate it yourself and report what you find to me, or just tell me right away and never even bother investigate." That seemed like the best way she had to "organize" the information that the others found out. She could sort out what was actually useful and what wasn't, and the girl could take action once it had been sorted. It would be a little different, but surely it would be much more effective than leaving things without direction as they had been before.

"speech."

Andromeda
Posted: May 7 2011, 10:58 AM

Group Icon

-- Sentry
Female 3 Years
69 POSTS 403 PP
Andromeda "Andy"

Andromeda's eyes wandered again to the sea as she contemplated the role she had most recently taken on. The job of a sentry was important, of course, all jobs were important in a pack. More over, she had taken on the duty of being the eyes and ears of the alphas, and detecting even a small minute detail that did not match with the status quo. Andromeda was usually keen with details, and so this job - she was sure - would suit her well once she established a routine. Perhaps she would determine soon enough where she would patrol, and in turn would meet other sentries on their jobs. It would be good to find out who they all were, and to hear some of their experiences. Of course, strange things didn't happen every day, but they were bound to eventually and she ought to be prepared. This job was her way of paying back Josalyn for allowing her into the pack, and she needed to perform at her absolute best, if not better.

Koohra spoke on of Darin and the chances of running into him. It would be nice to run into him, as well as any other sentries. It would be nice to have some friends. Then, Koohra went on to speak of the sentry job in whole, and Andromeda's ears flicked forward instantly to retain information. It would not do well to forget the words of the head sentry and gamma. Her creme tail tapped the dry sand beneath her as the ocean continued to swell and recede. Oh how she loved the hum of the ocean. It was something new to her, something wonderful. Koohra's words turned to a hush, and all was heard was the drumming of the ocean. Andromeda paused and then spoke. "I'm sure I'll fit right in as a sentry, I'll be sure to report anything out of the ordinary." It was the best - and most formal - she could come up with at the time.

"Speech"

user posted image

Koohra
Posted: May 7 2011, 10:17 PM

Group Icon

Loner Loner
Female 7 Years
82 POSTS 2946 PP
Melanie

You can either end it with your next post, or the two of them can be walking for a little bit as Andy asks questions maybe? Whatever you want is fine. :3

Her mind kept wandering back to the other sentries and the lack of communication they had with her. Of course the fact that she's been out of commission due to her pups was a large factor that only added to that, but it should have been taken care of before then. Koohra knew she'd have to set something up sometime soon that made the system seemed much more organized than it currently was, allowing a better flow of information among the sentries. Overall, she just needed to know of the things that the others found while they were out. It was somewhat upsetting to think that she'd never really thought about setting things up this way, but at least she was now. Better late than never was very true for this moment. At least now she has the time where she could organize everything and set it in motion once it was planned out.

Amongst the racing thoughts of the Gamma, the female had given a short response to what had been said. Koohra was used to getting short responses, especially when she'd said so much before. The one problem with it was that it always seemed to leave her lacking words after. It was easier to find something to say in return when a lot was said in the first place. Simple answers always left her somewhat confused. Thinking a moment, the girl attempted to figure out what to do. There really wasn't much else she could tell that didn't involve showing thing. Perhaps that was the next best thing to do? "I've got to start getting back into my old routines now that my pups are older. Why don't you come along with me? I can help get you used to the boarders if you'd like." she said with a smile, he tail swaying gently back and forth. This would keep her mind occupied and be useful at the same time. Perfect! "I know you'll be a wonderful sentry once you settle in." She took a few steps forward in the direction she used to go every morning before the pups came along. Taking a look back, she looked to see if the new sentry was going to come along or not. 

"speech."

Andromeda
Posted: May 9 2011, 07:21 PM

Group Icon

-- Sentry
Female 3 Years
69 POSTS 403 PP
Andromeda "Andy"

Andromeda couldn't help but sense there was a brand new sentry reform. It seemed Koohra had been enlightened that things perhaps weren't very organized and was now trying to make up for that. At least, that's what Andy was reading out of the situation. She smiled slightly, it was admirable that Koohra wanted the best for her team of sentries, and wanted things to work smoothly in order to benefit Silver Cove. That was what Andromeda wanted, after all. She had been graciously accepted into the pack, into this family to which she was a stranger, and it was her duty - nay - her obligation to do whatever she could to ease into the pack and do whatever it asked of her, which also meant conforming to whatever Koohra wanted.

Andromeda also couldn't help but feel she wasn't really helping the conversation along, but it was rather awkward for her, given her jealous feelings. She had to choose her words carefully, and watch her intonation to be sure not an ounce of her feelings ever escaped into the open. That would potentially be disastrous. Besides, it was important that she get over whatever ill-will she had toward her pack, and frankly, the world, so that she might be a better individual, and therefore a better pack member. Finally, the silence was broken by Koohra's speech, and Andromeda again listened intently, nodding every now and then.

"That is a lovely idea, I usually learn best by doing." As Koohra took a few steps toward the direction she intended on going in, Andromeda trotted to meet her. She kept her distance a couple of feet to the right of Koohra, and a few inches behind so as to not feel like she was attempting to lead, or attempting to take over. This was a time to listen and to learn, not to add her two cents, of which she had none.

"Speech"

ooc; sorry this took so long. :/ maybe one more post from koohra, and a short ending from andy to finish it off?

user posted image

Koohra
Posted: May 13 2011, 02:38 PM

Group Icon

Loner Loner
Female 7 Years
82 POSTS 2946 PP
Melanie

this is going to be a sort of short post and a pretty bad one. i really can't think of anything else to type. :c

It was nice to see Andromeda following behind after she'd taken those first few steps, though Koohra hadn't really thought this far ahead. She didn't have much of anything to actually say to the other sentry now that they actually started something. There was always the option of rambling on about whatever came to hear head, hoping that it related in some way to what they were doing; it didn't seem like it was too bad on an idea. The chance of it actually making any sense wasn't too great though, and that was the one thing that made it not such a good idea. But it was better than leaving it silent or up to questions that might not even be asked. Something was always going to be better than nothing. Besides, from how the conversation had gone so far, Koohra was the one that would have to lead the conversation if there was going to be one.

"There's really not much to being a sentry that I haven't already said," she looked back at the other female with a smile. It was mostly just getting used to doing it in your own way because everyone did things at least a little differently. That was something good for her to say, right? "It may seem silly, but the most I can tell you about being a good sentry is to just do it one your own. That's not meant to be mean, but learning the way you function best is what it's all about." Her eyes turned forward once again, searching her mind for something better to say, but there really wasn't much of anything that she could think of. "If you have any specific questions, then I'd probably sound more helpful. It's easier for me to think of things if you have any. If not, that's fine, too." Koohra stopped herself there in order to keep herself from rambling on about pointless things. At least she'd learned when what had been said was enough.

"speech."

Andromeda
Posted: May 13 2011, 05:10 PM

Group Icon

-- Sentry
Female 3 Years
69 POSTS 403 PP
Andromeda "Andy"

Andromeda was happily following along behind Koohra, though she could sense that the conversation would likely grow stale. What could there possibly be to talk about that Koohra hadn't already covered? The job of a sentry didn't seem too overly difficult, and even if it was, Andromeda was sure she could handle it. Josalyn had put faith in her, and she would not disappoint. And now she'd confided in the head sentry herself, which meant here was another wolf she had to prove herself to. Andromeda inhaled and silently vowed to do her best, though she self-conciously wondered if her best would ever be near good enough. Everyone here seemed to be almost robotic. Perhaps it would set in on her too. She almost chuckled at the thought, but it was drawn back inside her as Koohra began to speak, hinting that she really didn't know much more to say.

Andromeda nodded and listened to the words carefully, while piecing together her response. She would offer to go off on her own, try it out, and report back to Koohra every evening. Eventually, she wouldn't have to report as much, but it would be a trial run. Yes, that sounded good to the mexican woman. "What do you say of me going off and giving it a go. I will report to you every evening for the next few days, to be sure I'm getting it right. Does that sound reasonable?" However, Andromeda already had it set in her mind, and was almost certain Koohra would not disagree. She nodded in a military-like style, and then trotted off mechanically to find her place in this world.

Andromeda has left the building.

"Speech"

ooc; I suppose this is the end?

user posted image

BROWSING THIS THREAD

TOPIC OPTIONS     Start new topicStart new topicStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0566 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

CREDITS