Pawpoint Shop
AW Thread Directory
Update Me!

Search
Change Skin
Today's Active Topics

ENVIRONMENT
WEATHER APRIL Y10
Any cold from the winter has since been vanquished. Days are warm and somewhat dry; spring showers are growing less common. Heat from the deserts roll into surrounding territories.
Daily temperatures average about 77°F/25°C.

PACKS OF HARBINGER
VIDA TALPack Meeting
ÍSELDURtraining sessions
RAUSSAn/a
REGALIARaussa Crusades
FantômeFounding

RECENT IC POSTS
We are of Kin
BY Ryurik
just pieces in their game
BY Eudoxia
no longer an image in my head
BY Pandora
Don't get washed away
BY Six
populace in two
BY Arcania
don't you backsass me
BY Arcania

You don't have to test everything to destruction just to see if you made it right.
Interested in joining? Explore the Guidebook!

QUICKNEWS
Make sure to finish up your pack events this month! @ Apr 21, '14
APR 5 — New month, new pack, new contest! ( READ MORE )
MAR 27 — Month end activity check as well as some reminders. ( READ MORE )
MAR 10 — The results of the pack activity check are in! + Some rule revisions! Sweet! ( READ MORE )
Monthly Contest

Posting Mania!
Month: April
Make the most posts
this month to win!
Current Events:
Feb 23: BWP: Meteor
NO DEADLINE
Apr 4: Fantôme Founding
DEADLINE APR 20
Apr 5: Posting Contest
DEADLINE APR 30
Apr 11: Vida Tal Pack Meeting
DEADLINE APR 27

Check Calendar

Start new topicStart new topicStart new topic

Sand Land — Josalyn <3
Scarlet
Posted: Mar 23 2011, 06:34 PM

Group Icon

Beta Female Herbalist
Female 4 Years
36 POSTS 560 PP

Poseidon playfully lapped at Scarlet’s paws while she awaited her mentor and alpha, Josalyn, to arrive on the shore. It was rather uncomfortable, the sand was, and now it was getting between her toes. “Yuck.” She muttered picking up her paws before they sank too deep into the sand. From afar the wolf seemed to be doing a sort of jig, as one paw sunk in and the other was out of the sand, she’d have to switch so the other paw could support her while she loosened the other paw. Back and forth she marched in place with her rump settled relaxed on the dry sand. Finally, the sun bleached babe decided enough was enough and scooted away from the waves. It was the first time she had ever been to the beach and didn’t really what how to think of it. The water was fine and the dry sand was warm and comfortable, but that in between wet sand, it was no good.

Now that she had settled herself comfortably away from the high tide of the early afternoon, Scar was focused once more on her soon to be company, whenever she got here. Looking around furtively with her crimson sight before cleaning her fur and dislodging the sand clots in between her toes, Scarlet wanted to look presentable when meeting with a wolf of such high esteem. Her brown tail waggled excitedly as she thought of the different kinds of herbs they were going to find! How strange she was! Loving to look at plants rather than scuffle and practice fighting moves with others. She was definitely not one for fighting; instead she usually talked her way out of situations. Most wolves never really messed with her anyway.

ooc: done

Josalyn
Posted: May 5 2011, 10:07 PM

Group Icon

Loner Medic
Female 5 Years
0 POSTS 145 PP
Madison

i'm assuming that this was in Silver Cove? XD
also, post-dating this to present times, after the earthquakeee

table by madison. do not use without permission!

In and amidst all the commotion that had been going on around Silver Cove lately, Josalyn had found some time for the female that she had quickly found herself friends with, Scarlet. The other yellow-golden girl shared a common interest with Josalyn, and she found it almost necessary to want to spend time with her, to help her grow more into her given duty. As promised, Josalyn was making her way towards the other girl this very afternoon to meet her for the herb hunt that they had chalked in, somewhere in between all the chaos. It would be nice to get out with another woman and simply sit and pick through plants, chatting about all the unimportant, trivial things. Huffing a sigh, the female quickened her pace, eager to reach the other so that they could begin their hunting.

Within moments she reached her, despite being held behind by her limp. It wasn't so bad when walking at a regular pace, but running had certainly become difficult as the female was hindered by her injured leg. Josalyn slowed as the other female came into sight at the shoreline, eventually coming to a full stop a few feet away from her. "Sorry for the wait, Scarlet; this leg of mine is really starting to get the best of me." She apologized with a sheepish chuckle. Josalyn had never really been so badly wounded before, so it was difficult to adjust to her disability. Hopefully it would heal over time. Wavering her tail behind her, she began to turn, looking over her shoulder at the other. "Shall we go, then?" She asked, blinking over at her.

Scarlet
Posted: May 8 2011, 09:07 PM

Group Icon

Beta Female Herbalist
Female 4 Years
36 POSTS 560 PP

ooc: sorry was gonna go to bed then wanted to finish this so it sucks. -dead- they will get better i promie!

Sweet as honey tones removed Scarlet from her oceanic view and brought her to the company of her Alphess. The poor girl had suffered what seemed to be quite the injury from the recent earthquake, and to see Josalyn stumble to her side pulled on the subordinate’s heartstrings unfavorably to say the least. Scarlet could only hold back her concern and suppress her need to dote on the wound with a sympathetic smile; she kfigured that the head medic of the Silver Cove knew exactly how to care for herself and would probably resent being taken care of by such a new member of the pack. “Please, don’t apologize. It’s really no worries.” Her gaze rested comfortably on the female and then stole another glance back towards the crashing waves. “Besides,” She began to muse with a calm smirk appearing clearly on her maw, “I was just getting to know the ocean.” Her words held a sort of underlying tone of revulsion. The soggy sand hadn’t sat well with her so far as it snuck its way between her toes, nor did the salty breeze that ruffled her fur and made her seem like some bum one would find living underground.

“Anyways, I’m ready if you are.” Her sight mostly focused on the wounded leg that feebly tried to support her pack mate, wondering if maybe they should put off their little escapade for a few days. “Would you care to sit and rest for a bit? I wouldn’t mind at all.” She was nonchalant about the offer, making sure she didn’t sound too concerned for her superior or doting upon her. It didn’t look good though. The pain in Josalyn’s golden eyes was evident, no matter how hard she may try to hide is from Scarlet. The red eyed female, having been standing ever since the entrance of her Alphess, waited patiently for her instructions. Whether Scar would sit alongside her leader and chat for a bit or go onward to gather herbs on their planned hike, she would not oppose either.

Josalyn
Posted: May 21 2011, 11:51 PM

Group Icon

Loner Medic
Female 5 Years
0 POSTS 145 PP
Madison

<3 i'll put a table on this eventually.

The expression of the golden female remained calm, soft; gentle as a newborn. As Scarlet excused her lateness, Josalyn traced her gaze back to the ocean and gave a nod of her own. "The ocean is a kind spirit; I've heard her whispers," She murmured softly and giggled, rolling her shoulders back and shaking out her pelt. There were thin layers of dusty black and grey lining her stomach and chest, a product of resting in her den, though it swiftly dissipated as she shook it off. There was a slight weakness in stance as she stood there, awaiting Scarlet to join her in their foreplanned herb hunt. Swaying her tail patiently behind her, she couldn't help but give a soft chuckle at Scarlet's mild hesitation in heading off on the hunt. It was sweet of the girl to be so concerned, really. "No, no. Don't be silly, Scarlet. Let's go!" The girl smiled widely at Scarlet and began to turn around, the gore on her hind leg hindering her movements briefly.

No matter - Josalyn was well on her way soon enough, tail wagging enthusiastically, assuming that Scarlet was following after. The sand was warm on her paws, but the warmth quickly faded as her paws took her into the grass, and soon, towards the undergrowth. She ran a quick list through her head of the herbs they'd need to gather - a few things for Koohra to ensure her health, although she was doing remarkably for having had a litter not too long ago; a few things for Josalyn's own injury, and whatever else. "Do you need anything in particular today, Scarlet?" She asked, flicking her ears forward curiously as she glanced over her shoulder at the yellow-furred female. Or maybe this was just intended to be a learning experience - either way, Josalyn would have no qualms wandering the lengths of the Cove searching for herbs.

Scarlet
Posted: Jun 1 2011, 04:46 PM

Group Icon

Beta Female Herbalist
Female 4 Years
36 POSTS 560 PP

As her leader spoke of the ocean, making the body of water seem almost alive in a way that Scarlet had never considered, the trainee couldn’t help but giggle alongside the golden beauty. She giggled both at the thought of the ocean telling secrets through a whisper and for the mere fact that Josalyn was obviously feeling a bit better as she rolled her shoulders in a lax manner and had managed to start off towards the jungle; a chuckle of relief. Well no use in just standing here, Scar mused to herself before finally allowing herself to get up and trot a few tail lengths behind her Alphess; traveling behind Jos enabled her to secretly watch to see if the wounded female would falter or stumble. If so, the apprentice would be right on her wounded side offering a shoulder to lean on during the walk home. So what if she was playing doctor with her own mentor…

After only a few seconds of silence, Josalyn broke that stillness asking if Scarlet needed anything. “You got anything that can make a love potion?” She scoffed, not yet realizing that she had whispered that out loud. Oh but when she did realize… “Oh I mean… ah that wasn’t supposed to come out!” Scarlet sheepishly let out a few awkward laughs while looking around in hopes that she could find something to help change the subject. There was nothing but plants. “I uh… how have your pups been? I’ve been meaning to ask.” Nice save. Although, Scar could still feel the heat in her cheeks from her previous blunder. Hey, it wasn’t easy being without a mate when you were almost four years of age!

“Hey Josalyn,” Her rump was planted firmly on the ground now as the zeta looked at her paws in a rather dejected way. “If you could not tell anyone about the whole love potion thing… I’d appreciate it.”

Josalyn
Posted: Jun 9 2011, 04:33 PM

Group Icon

Loner Medic
Female 5 Years
0 POSTS 145 PP
Madison

As they walked - well, more of limped in Josalyn's case - the golden girl's eyes flickered about the trees that lie in the distant, separating the beach from the vegetated area tucked in behind the cliffs. Suddenly, she heard the yellow female speak, her voice a much welcome change to the silence of the beach that they were leaving. Ears forward, Josalyn furrowed her brow slightly, turning to look at Scarlet with a somewhat confused - and amused - look upon her visage. As Scarlet attempted to rectify the sudden verbal spewage that had left her lips, Josalyn joined her in laughter, her voice quietly like a chime echoing around her. Then, a question about the pups - but Josalyn was still curious about what she meant by a love potion. "They've been fine. They're going pretty fast, though. Soon enough they'll be out of the den and off doing their own thing." She spoke with a sigh, her shoulders dropping slightly as she said this. It was sad to think about. Being a new mother, Josalyn very much enjoyed having her pups around. Depended on them, almost, for being with them made her happy. It made her proud.

Then again, maybe she could convince at least one of them to stay with her... Adele was the eldest, and at the same time, she was the one that Josalyn felt the closest connection to. Probably because she shared both her eyes, and the eyes of her grandmother. As a pup, while Nephilim and Orion were both gone, Josalyn had been the one to stay with their mother, sharing her den as both of them were small enough to comfortably fit inside. But would there be room for Adele, with both Josalyn and Natrium? Often times the girl forgot that Natrium shared her den too, which was bad of her. She should probably try to remember him more often. Blinking, Josalyn quickly realized that the other female was seated, halting their progress into the forest. Stopping, she turned and looked at her just as she began to speak, tilting her head. "Of course I won't." Josalyn chuckled, grinning at her. "But, if you don't mind my curiosity... what's it for? Have you got eyes for somebody, Scarlet?" Her feathery voice escaped like a breeze, a gentle teasing of the other female, though it was all in light humor. Josalyn had no problem dropping the subject if Scarlet didn't want to talk about it, but she was terribly curious now.

Scarlet
Posted: Jun 14 2011, 08:24 PM

Group Icon

Beta Female Herbalist
Female 4 Years
36 POSTS 560 PP

It was good to hear the pups were doing well, what with Scarlet’s soft side for all animals under the age of one. Her ability to detect a mother’s sigh of grief almost took Scarlet’s mind off of her own heartache with the whole love potion thing, and the zeta was sure to step up for her leader offering words of compassion. “Hey, it's not only children who grow. Parents do too. As much as you watch to see what your children do with their lives, they are watching you to see what we do with yours.” Scarlet shook off her pelt, stood from her previous miserable sitting position, and set into a steady trot so she was able to walk next to Josalyn while flashing a comforting smile. “And the way you are so supportive of your children’s dreams and such… well, I have a feeling they will be around to see what you do with your life and support you just the same.” Her words were true in this aspect, knowing that if she had half the mother Josalyn was, well maybe she would have stuck around her parents instead of going t=off on her own. It was a kind of moment between the two herbalists that made Scarlet feel, well pretty damn good. This was what friends did right? Consoled in each other? And so it was Scarlet’s turn…

Her leader asked of the love potion comment the love-sick girl had made earlier, and Scarlet took a moment to think about her response. It was about mostly about her not having a mate at such a ripe age but… she knew who she would give the potion too. “Herod.” She replied quickly looking to Josalyn then to some wayward plants in the distance. “Don’t tell anyone though!” She pleaded like a pup feeling her stomach churning in anticipation of what her newest friend may say.

Josalyn
Posted: Jun 20 2011, 07:48 PM

Group Icon

Loner Medic
Female 5 Years
0 POSTS 145 PP
Madison

Twitching her ears slightly, she landed her gaze upon the yellow and cream coloured female, listened to her own words as they entered the atmosphere and uplifted her. It was true enough, if the pups were learning from anybody it would be their own parents. Josalyn's actions not only affected her, but her children as well, and they would likely learn how to behave and act from how Josalyn did. Sucking in a breath of air, she nodded slowly, rolling her shoulders. "I just... don't want them to leave. You know? It's nice to have someone really looking up to you and loving you and depending on you. It's not the same as a packmate doing it, when a pup does it. There's just something about it." She went on, allowing a sigh to pass from her lips again as her shoulders dropped. Of course, she felt a little bad that Scarlet likely didn't know that feeling, and probably wouldn't be able to say that she understood. Josalyn truly hoped that she would, though, at some point. She would be happy to do it, to say the least.

The golden female shook her head and uttered another quiet laugh. "But you're right. And besides, it's not like it'll be the end of the world... It's not like I'll never see them, once they go off on their own. They'll have to see me. I'm their mom." Josalyn mumbled in hopes of picking herself out of this ditch that she seemed to have dug for herself, this sinking feeling of losing her children. She cleared her throat and shook her pelt briefly, stepping forwards and continuing onwards in their trek towards the undergrowth within the depth of the forest, searching for the herbs that would be vital for their future remedies. Especially with Josalyn's hindered hind limb, that would cause the female to need all the help she could get.

Suddenly, her companion blurted out a name, an answer to the curious question that Josalyn had asked regarding the love potion. She twisted her ears back and blinked, looking at the other female for a second before the name registered in her mind, and she recognized it and realized the implications of this male being Scarlet's object of desire. A broad grin spread upon her lips, chasing the former downheartedness that had plagued her visage; now this was some juicy information. Not that Josalyn could ever use it against Scarlet, or for her own gain or anything. She just liked to know stuff like this. "Oh, I won't tell anybody! Relax, Scarlet." Josalyn giggled, swaying her tail behind her. "He's quite the catch, you know." She added, once again giggling at the pun she made - see, it was funny because Herod was the Lead Fisher. And he was a catch. A good one, too. "Do you actually want to make a love potion? Because I've heard of some medleys that just might do the trick, but it takes a lot of hoping, and maybe a bit of... magic. Unfortunately I'm no magician, and our former and only Priestess Anima is still... tied up in some Seron affairs. But we can always try our best, right?" Josalyn's eyes lit up as she looked back at Scarlet, hoping deep down that the girl would agree to try it out. It would give Josalyn an excuse to experiment something exciting like this.

Scarlet
Posted: Jul 19 2011, 07:50 PM

Group Icon

Beta Female Herbalist
Female 4 Years
36 POSTS 560 PP

Ooc: the first two paragraphs back track before she said anything about Herod. Because I CAN

”It’s because they are your own flesh and blood. I know you love your pack mates Josalyn, but when you have a family within a family… well, I’m sure it puts everything in a different perspective.” Scarlet added onto to Josalyn’s short monologue about pups being different than pack members. She couldn’t tell Josalyn she knew how she felt, and this killed her inside, the feeling being gut-wrenching to say the least. Yet, on the outside the girl kept a cool and comforting air about her as she walked with her golden-toned leader. There really was no reason to be so afraid of her children leaving her and Scarlet almost wanted to take Josalyn by the scruff and give her a gentle shake to clear her clouded mind. From what she saw at pack meetings and gatherings, her Alphess was a wonderful mother, and Scarlet was too shy to admit that she had silently been taking parenting notes on what she did.

It would most certainly not be the end of the world either if they were to leave her. If that was then end of the world then… well then the world is pretty lucky. “Don’t worry about it. You have plenty of time to still enjoy them growing up!” Her yip of encouragement brightened even her own spirits and soon her cheerful nature returned; the calm front she had put up was becoming genuine. And then she spilled the beans about Herod. Luckily, Josalyn told her not to worry and that she would not tell anyone. So, being the unquestioning girl she was, Scarlet was instantly calmed at these words and sent into a small fit of giggles when Jos made her ‘punny’ joke. “He is, isn’t he?” A small feeling of pride bubbled in her chest to know that she had managed to find herself a good man to lean on… not to mention one her own leader thought was worthy as well. Yet her next question about knocked the small girl off of her paws. An actual love potion? Was that even possible?

”I uh… I don’t know. Would that seem kind of creepy though? You know, me just giving him a strange mix of herbs and shoving it down his throat.” The idea of such an absurd act made the blonde zeta burst into laughter, causing her sit down in fear that she’d fall over. She pretended Josalyn was Herod and nudged a pretend concoction towards her with a few giggles between words, “I made this for you. I hope you aren’t allergic to enchantment.” After her airy laughter had finally died down and Scarlet noticed the light in her leader’s eyes, she was able to talk more seriously about the idea. “Well, I’d have to say… making a potion for love would be a Hell of a lot more fun than just wandering aimlessly… let’s do it!”

Josalyn
Posted: Jul 20 2011, 08:50 PM

Group Icon

Loner Medic
Female 5 Years
0 POSTS 145 PP
Madison

Josalyn couldn't help but smile and chuckle at the yellow and cream female's encouraging words. She was totally right; Josalyn was just being silly, that was all. There was nothing to worry about in terms of her children ditching her. If they really found her so intolerable, they probably would have run away long ago, or at least they would have told somebody, and that somebody would have told her, and maybe given her pointers on how to be less sufferable. But as far as she knew, nobody had been informed of her torturous mothering techniques, so Josalyn was a relatively good mother... right? She shrugged the thought away and pressed a sigh from her chest, continuing forward with the young herbalist at her side. The scene very much reminded her of herself and her own mother, though Scarlet was pretty much the same age as she, with Josalyn playing the role of her mother and Scarlet very reminiscent of a young Josalyn.

The other female's words inspired another slough of laughter from her throat as she turned to look at her friend again. "Creepy? No! It would only be creepy if you make it creepy. Naw, you just gotta be sneaky, thats all. Stuff a fish with love potion and he wouldn't notice a thing." Josalyn advised with another snicker. The very thought amused her to no end. She kind of hoped that Scarlet would want to act on the possibility of making a love potion, as the idea was enthralling to her. As Scarlet played out a faux scene between herself and the golden Alpha, who acted as Herod, Josalyn uttered a fake gasp and puffed her chest out. "Baby, as long as you aren't allergic to sexy I'll eat anything you want me to." She jested, purposely making her voice deeper and lower as though to mimic Herod's, though she knew she was far off from what the dark male sounded like. She couldn't help but burst out laughing at her own mockery of the fisherman.

As Scarlet agreed to the love potion, Josalyn's eyes lit up and she quickened her pace, and the two delved deeper into the jungle. "YES! This is going to be so much fun - I promise you this will work! Let's go!" The female felt like a kid again as they pressed through the foliage, and her eyes excitedly went to work searching for the herbs that they would need. This was going to be awesome!

end thread with them hunting for herbs for love potion? ;]

BROWSING THIS THREAD

TOPIC OPTIONS     Start new topicStart new topicStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.1296 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

CREDITS